Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 128 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Just watched the preview of the O'Sullivan-Ford match. Murray talking more about valentines day than snooker. And calling Mark Selby sexy and kissing Jimmy White.

The guy is just a joke.

It's like we all said here before: makes Goldstein look like a golden presenter lol...

He tries to be funny but he isn't one bit. He creates awkward moments and with really silly comments.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:My internet has been down at work for the last few minutes.

It's amazing how close I come to a nervous breakdown when I can't talk about snooker online.

I know the feeling <laugh> Some are addicted to alcohol, smoking, drugs... our drug is SI. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My internet has been down at work for the last few minutes.

It's amazing how close I come to a nervous breakdown when I can't talk about snooker online.

I know the feeling <laugh> Some are addicted to alcohol, smoking, drugs... our drug is SI. <ok>

The Welsh Open isn't on Quest by the way. I've been trying to tell you for about half an hour.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:It's like we all said here before: makes Goldstein look like a golden presenter lol...

He tries to be funny but he isn't one bit. He creates awkward moments and with really silly comments.

Yeah, I had a video clip appear on my Twitter stream earlier. It was silent, but I got the gist. Murray was giving a present to Jimmy White, and skipping up the stairs of the Motorpoint Arena.

It's sad in it's own way. The guy so desperately wants to be funny.

Postby Andre147

Won't they play all the Last 64 matches tomorrow?

And then last 32 and last 16 on Thursday like the other Home Nations?

Postby SnookerFan

That I don't know. Been a bit busy, only watch Neil Robertson vs Jimmy White.

Might not see any more until I get to Cardiff. (Friday is Quarter Finals, by the way.)

Postby Cheshire Cat

In fairness to Goldstein he actually has a bit of interest in the game and knows a few things. Murray just.. ugh.

Matt Smith wasn't brilliant or anything, but I thought he did a decent job. Not as monotonous as Goldstein, and not a clown like Murray. I wish ES had him back.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:In fairness to Goldstein he actually has a bit of interest in the game and knows a few things. Murray just.. ugh.

Matt Smith wasn't brilliant or anything, but I thought he did a decent job. Not as monotonous as Goldstein, and not a clown like Murray. I wish ES had him back.

I didn't like Goldstein when he used to do the Premier League back in the day. I found that he used to clown around and try to be funny too much. Usually by attempting unfunny banter with Willie Thorne.

But now he hosts proper snooker, and not divvy Premier League, he seems a lot better. He at least tries to be serious for the most part.

Goldstein tries to be funny, but comes across as about a witty as an amoeba with learning difficulties.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
The Welsh Open isn't on Quest by the way. I've been trying to tell you for about half an hour.

It's Eurosport and BBC 2 Wales.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Did Angles lose? Amanda and Amanda are disappointed by it on Twitter.

He did - 2-4 to Christopher Keogan. <doh>

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Won't they play all the Last 64 matches tomorrow?

And then last 32 and last 16 on Thursday like the other Home Nations?

Yes

Postby Andre147

This has been one of the worst TV matches I've seen from MJW...

pot sucess on the low 70s lol...

Slessor not much better either. I could almost beat these two today. Amateur stuff so far.

Postby Andre147

Welsh Snooker is really on a low... only Michael White has brought some decent results in recent times.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:This has been one of the worst TV matches I've seen from MJW...

pot sucess on the low 70s lol...

Slessor not much better either. I could almost beat these two today. Amateur stuff so far.

Williams has been hopeless. Losing like this to Slessor on home soil is embarrassing.

Postby Andre147

everything going wrong for MJW, looks like he wants to go home, which shouldnt be too far I think.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Looks like Williams will still win this.

He didn't, lost 4-3 after Slessor made a good frame winning break in the decider.

MJW has only himself to blame, was abysmal most of the match.

Postby TheRocket

Will be the interesting to see how the future for MJW will look like. He'll lose 38000 ranking points very soon as he was the runner up of the 2015 PTC Grand finals. So he might drop out of the Top 16 and have to qualify for the Crucible.

Very possible he might not play in the Crucible this year. Like in 2014.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Looks like Williams will still win this.

He didn't, lost 4-3 after Slessor made a good frame winning break in the decider.

MJW has only himself to blame, was abysmal most of the match.

Which basically sums up his last 3 seasons.

Depressing.

If I could choose one player to win a triple crown apart from Ronnie it would be Williams.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Will be the interesting to see how the future for MJW will look like. He'll lose 38000 ranking points very soon as he was the runner up of the 2015 PTC Grand finals. So he might drop out of the Top 16 and have to qualify for the Crucible.

It still is sad these days watching him struggling so badly. He couldn't recover from the bad losses in those Finals after his great revival. A player of his class should still be a major contender for titles like Higgins and Ronnie are, but unfortunately he's long past that stage and will never be a major force again.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Will be the interesting to see how the future for MJW will look like. He'll lose 38000 ranking points very soon as he was the runner up of the 2015 PTC Grand finals. So he might drop out of the Top 16 and have to qualify for the Crucible.

It still is sad these days watching him struggling so badly. He couldn't recover from the bad losses in those Finals after his great revival. A player of his class should still be a major contender for titles like Higgins and Ronnie are, but unfortunately he's long past that stage and will never be a major force again.

It's fair to say, the 2010/2011 season will haunt him forever. The loss in the UK final against Higgins in 2010 has been one of the biggest chokes in Snooker history. And a few months later he did it again in the Crucible. Against the same opponent.

Had he at least won the UK title he could have looked back and said to himself that he was capable of winning big titles after passing his prime in 2003.

But now people will always look back and say, he hasn't won a major after 2003 which is just a shocker.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Williams MBE‏ @markwil147
That was an embarrassing performance then, how I'm in the top 16 I don't know, #retirewilloandstoptheembarrassment

Postby PLtheRef

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It's fair to say, the 2010/2011 season will haunt him forever. The loss in the UK final against Higgins in 2010 has been one of the biggest chokes in Snooker history. And a few months later he did it again in the Crucible. Against the same opponent.

Had he at least won the UK title he could have looked back and said to himself that he was capable of winning big titles after passing his prime in 2003.

But now people will always look back and say, he hasn't won a major after 2003 which is just a shocker.

It's a shame to see because he was so good back then. The 2003 World Championship was arguably the best he's played - in route to winning his first four matches comfortably.

The problem is that he has had the tendency to have to slip down and he's found out more than once that it can be a difficult hill to scale.

Postby The Herminator

PLtheRef wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It's a shame to see because he was so good back then. The 2003 World Championship was arguably the best he's played - in route to winning his first four matches comfortably.

The problem is that he has had the tendency to have to slip down and he's found out more than once that it can be a difficult hill to scale.

He's never been a great practicer by all accounts though has he? It's just going to get harder for him.