Post a reply

Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby Andre147

Davis and Hendry have done it, sadly neither Alex Higgins or Paul Hunter are alive to present the Alex Higgins trophy in the NI Open nor Hunter for the Paul Hunter Trophy at The Masters, but Ray, despite being now 84 years old, still is.

I remember he did a piece for BBC Wales last year or the year before that... I think it would be nice if he could be present in the awards ceremony.

I can imagine Ronnie defending his title like 2005 and Ray presenting him the trophy... him being his mentor and coach and all that in that 2004/2005 period, this would be top! :-D

Re: Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby Dan-cat

He still plays in local club. Dude must be 85 now. Brilliant. Still, that's relatively young for a vampire.

Re: Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He still plays in local club. Dude must be 85 now. Brilliant. Still, that's relatively young for a vampire.


Ever see this film?

Image


I wanted to see that for years, but it was very hard to find. When it finally turned up on FilmFour around a decade ago, it was a major disappointment to me. Very strange film indeed...

Re: Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby SnookerEd25

What about this one Dan-cat (or anyone?)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087822/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

This is the other Snooker film i'd wanted to see for ages. Still never come across it, and probably a pile of w*nk too, but Bob Geldof as Snooker hustler? Mel Smith as his manager? Kudos to the casting department for that one!

Re: Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He still plays in local club. Dude must be 85 now. Brilliant. Still, that's relatively young for a vampire.


Ever see this film?

Image


I wanted to see that for years, but it was very hard to find. When it finally turned up on FilmFour around a decade ago, it was a major disappointment to me. Very strange film indeed...


I got it cheap on DVD, watched it once a few years back. The first 10 minutes of the film is a lot of people singing about collecting green stamps. Very odd film.

Re: Will Reardon present the winner the trophy?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:What about this one Dan-cat (or anyone?)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087822/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

This is the other Snooker film i'd wanted to see for ages. Still never come across it, and probably a pile of w*nk too, but Bob Geldof as Snooker hustler? Mel Smith as his manager? Kudos to the casting department for that one!


Again, I've got it on DVD. (I'm old school, I still buy DVDs.)

It's been sat in my Movies To Watch pile for about a year. Possibly more. It's quite a big pile, I should stop buying them.