Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Imagine if Beast mode Barry and peak Fu play in the Final....

a Classic it would be no doubt,

I think most people have finally realized since a year or so how well Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins back then in the World Final 2013. Because thats how Hawkins played in that final. Ronnie had scored as well as he has ever done and he needed to to win that match.

I bet that 90% of the Top 16 would have lost that match to Hawkins back then.

It still amazes me how Hawkins is still so underrated. At his best hes playing no miss snooker and even wiping out the likes of Trump, Robertson or Selby.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Imagine if Beats mode Barry and peak Fu play in the Final....

Imagine them two in a Crucible final.

No thanks.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Imagine if Beast mode Barry and peak Fu play in the Final....

I think most people have finally realized since a year or so how well Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins back then in the World Final 2013. Because thats how Hawkins played in that final. Ronnie had scored as well as he has ever done and he needed to to win that match.

It still amazes me how Hawkins is still so underrated. At his best hes playing no miss snooker and even wiping out the likes of Trump, Robertson or Selby.

Most people wrongly think just because Ronnie won 18-13 it was fairly easy, when in fact like you say most if not 99% of the Tour would have lost that match the way Hawkins played. Maybe only a Higgins or Selby at their very best could have stopped Hawkins then.

I said this earlier, if his Beast mode turned up more often, he would have 10+ ranking titles already.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:I think most people have finally realized since a year or so how well Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins back then in the World Final 2013. Because thats how Hawkins played in that final. Ronnie had scored as well as he has ever done and he needed to to win that match.

Completely agree. His peak form is superior to the likes of Selby, who has won the triple crown twice.
The main problem I've noticed with Barry is that he gets drained out after he goes beast mode and beats a top player.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I don't remember much about the Perry loss. I must've been well drunk that week.

Oh you know what? I went to bed early that night. That's why I don't remember it. I didn't see the end.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I don't remember much about the Perry loss. I must've been well drunk that week.

Oh you know what? I went to bed early that night. That's why I don't remember it. I didn't see the end.

Should've watched it. Me = <doh>

Postby LC

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I've never seen Hawkins play better than he did tonight.
He was in absolute beast mode.
If he can maintain his form, he will win the final with ease.

we thought the same when he led 5-1 vs king

this guy is full of surprises, bad and good ones.

Did he not play as well in the WC against ROS, I missed most of match

Postby hendry_fan

Would be amazin if Day got the monkey off his back and was also to finally win a ranking tourney after all the years he,s been pro.

Days certainly not one o my fav players,but i,d like to see him win a ranker,this might be the best chance he,ll have,or one of the best chances he,ll have for a while,as it,s rare that he gets as far as the semi-s let alone finals,he,s <only> ever been in 3 finals,in which only 1 of them he got close to winning,he marginaly lost 9-7 to Higgins at this very tourney in 2008.

As much as i,d like him to go on and win this tourney,it,s gonna be verrry tough,especially if he bumps into a on song Fu,if he somehow manages to overcome him,due to Fu havin one of his very poor days,he,s then up against Hawkins in the final.

Hawkins is a bit like Fu though,both crackin players when they deliver,but often when they hit top form,it rarely lasts for a long bout,they both can suddenly dramaticaly plunge and they can really struggle and be terribly off song for a good few matches.

Day will have to serve up his best and he has to catch Both Fu and Hawkins on one o there off days,otherwise,his chances of winning this are gonna be verrry low.

As i wrote,i,d really like Day to pull it off and go on and win this,but if he does,nt,i aint bovered at all who wins it.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:Would be amazin if Day got the monkey off his back and was also to finally win a ranking tourney after all the years he,s been pro.

Not as amazing as it would've been last season.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Looking forward to this evening. I'd love to see Ryan lift the title, but Fu has just been so strong lately. If the tip issue isn't causing too many problems, then I fancy him.

I disagree with a fair bit of what Hendry says, but when he says that Hawkins is the most improved player on the tour in the past 3 or 4 years, i'm inclined to agree. Sure I can criticise his inconsistency, but I feel like seeing the name 'Barry Hawkins' in the latter stages of tournaments isn't a surprise these days. I pretty much expect to see Barry's name in Quarters and Semis at the very /least/.

Maybe that's just me though. He is one of my favourite players, after all. :roll:

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:

No one gives a rubbish. :santa: