Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Actually I just remembered that ITV keep mentioning that Snooker returns to the Preston Guild Hall after a long time...

It's wrong though, the 2014 Players Championship Grand Finals, which Hawkins won, was played at the Guild Hall. Back then they used those black polos, but nevertheless what I mean is its only 3 years since Snooker was last played here.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Very much doubt that he didn't feel that being push shot. As blatant a push as you'll ever see. Disappointing sportsmanship.

Then again this is the guy that had his waistcoat all over a red last night and didn't call it. Even had the gall to question the ref when he called it.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Very much doubt that he didn't feel that being push shot. As blatant a push as you'll ever see. Disappointing sportsmanship.

Then again this is the guy that had his waistcoat all over a red last night and didn't call it. Even had the gall to question the ref when he called it.

Allen will be pleased to see this was done by a chinese player :john:

I also agree Liang would definately have felt that. The ref couldn't see it, but Liang should have onwed up to it.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Very much doubt that he didn't feel that being push shot. As blatant a push as you'll ever see. Disappointing sportsmanship.

Maybe Allen was right about the cheating Chinese.

Postby Andre147

If Beast mode Barry turned up more often, Hawkins would have the same amount of rankers as a Ding or Robbo I can garantee you.

Problem is it doesn't appear so often.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Actually I just remembered that ITV keep mentioning that Snooker returns to the Preston Guild Hall after a long time...

It's wrong though, the 2014 Players Championship Grand Finals, which Hawkins won, was played at the Guild Hall. Back then they used those black polos, but nevertheless what I mean is its only 3 years since Snooker was last played here.

3 years is a very long time in the snooker world.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:If Beast mode Barry turned up more often, Hawkins would have the same amount of rankers as a Ding or Robbo I can garantee you.

Excellent player, but he chokes too often.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Beast mode Barry turned up more often, Hawkins would have the same amount of rankers as a Ding or Robbo I can garantee you.

3 major chockes I can remember are:

The infamous 5-0 lead he had v Bond at the UK
The NI Open Final this season from 5-1 up
This year's Masters from 5-2 up and Perry needing a snooker, not to mention the last frame, albeit Perry clinched it with one of his best clearances.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The chances of Day winning his first title are quite slim atm. Can't see him beating peak Fu and then possibly peak Hawkins in the final.

Me neither, but at the same time we could have said the same about King and Hamilton and look at what happened.

I tell you what, after Bingham became World Champion, everything is possible.

Postby Pink Ball

Wendy owned up to a very costly foul in a deciding frame against John Higgins at the 2012 World Championship. He was the only person in the arena that night who knew it was a foul.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

Wendy owned up to a very costly foul in a deciding frame against John Higgins at the 2012 World Championship. He was the only person in the arena that night who knew it was a foul.

Memory. <ok>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

That hawkins guy is a strange fellow.

he had some bad losses this season but the choke vs perry was the icing on the cake. let alone the matches he choked away the seasons before.

and other days he plays no miss snooker. kudos to him he didnt let himself down after the perry loss and the way it happened. some other players would have taken years to recover.

funnily enough he has mental strength after all.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

3 major chockes I can remember are:

The infamous 5-0 lead he had v Bond at the UK
The NI Open Final this season from 5-1 up
This year's Masters from 5-2 up and Perry needing a snooker, not to mention the last frame, albeit Perry clinched it with one of his best clearances.

he choked against selby at the UK in 2013. he has his moments, good and bad. sometimes he shows bottle like higgins and selby only do, and the other day he chokes like there is no tomorrow. there is no in between.
quite strange.

Postby Andre147

MDG is spot on...

most players would have taken months or years to recover from his Bond and Perry losses, but Barry clearly hasnt been affected.