Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:pmsl

Cant believe how much Fu choked there in the end. These are the moments when you realize and understand why he has just won three ranking tournaments in his career despite being such a good breakbuilder.

He choked against the masterchoker himself.

Nevertheless happy for Ryan. Hope he wins this now. But Beast Mode Hawkins needs to turn into Choke mode Hawkins.

I think Fu had tip problems, but still it's not an excuse.

I agree tomorrow will be hard, but as we've seen this season anything is possible.

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="TheRocket"]pmsl

Cant believe how much Fu choked there in the end. These are the moments when you realize and understand why he has just won three ranking tournaments in his career despite being such a good breakbuilder.

He choked against the masterchoker himself.

Nevertheless happy for Ryan. Hope he wins this now. But Beast Mode Hawkins needs to turn into Choke mode Hawkins.[/quote

"He choked against the masterchoker himself."

<laugh>

One can see the funny side of it. :-D

I watched bits n pieces of the match up untill exactly at that point in the 8th frame,where Day needed the 4 snookers,at that point i really thought Day was done,that there was no way back for him.

I then switched channels a bit and only out of curiosity i switched back about 45 mins later,and what did i see,instead of it bein 5-3 to Fu,it was 4-4!. :shock: :shock:

Just as well he got outta his chair and decided to go for em. :-D

I then decided to watch the match till the end.

That 8th frame certainly rocked Fu,in fact it rocked Day too,both went off the boil.

Day indeed did need a bit o help from Fu,to get over the line so to speak,but Day won,thats what counts.

Well done to him for makin it to a final again,it,s his 4th. :clap:

It,s very rare that any player plays on if they need 4 or more snookers,never mind to go on and get them and end up winnin the frame,but maybe now that Days showed it can be done,maybe we,ll see more players trying it,#cantbeatabitofoldskool#.

Mark King even played on when he needed 6 snookers,(which was also against Fu!). :-D

The last time i think anyone managed to get 4 snookers and end up winning/pinchin the frame was Selby,the bu**er did it against Hendry at the 2011 World Championship,he also needed 4 snookers,but he did it without gettin a free ball,i remember watchin it LIVE and i like Hendry was not amused. >-( <laugh>