Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is there any match after this? Or are they using both tables?

Perry vs Liang straight after this.

Robbo followed by Liang, can this night get any better?

:zzz: Are there any players you do like?

I like Ding.

I like Hawkins.

Postby Iranu

Good response by Perry after Liang's century. 2-2.

Don't really mind who wins this match, I don't have a strong opinion on either player.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tournaments like this are truly wide open. I genuinely believe that about 30 to 40 players entering short format events can win them nowadays. None of the top 5 players of the one year ranking list have even survived the second round. The standard at the top isn't anywhere near as high as it was in the 00s but it's more exciting than ever as a neutral.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I was going to congratulate Liang, then he reminded me that he's a clown and I just can't take a liking to him.

His celebrations are so cringe worthy.

Postby Midnight Express

Cheshire Cat wrote:I was going to congratulate Liang, then he reminded me that he's a clown and I just can't take a liking to him.

His celebrations are so cringe worthy.

Liang Wenbo is one of my favorite players, he's great.

Why do you say he's a clown???
Because he's not a dull, boring robot with no personality like 90% of the other players?

Liang plays fast exciting snooker, always goes for his shots, totally fearless. He likes to have fun and smile, he actually has a personality and charisma.

His celebrations are pure joy and happiness! He is genuinely happy to win, he has a right to celebrate.
Why not?

If snooker had more players similar to Liang Wenbo the sport would be much more popular.

Liang is always exciting and fun to watch, he's a throwback to the old days when players were actually entertaining.

Snooker needs charismatic characters, not boring dull robots ala Selby, Robertson, Hawkings, Perry, etc etc

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Quarter Final!!!

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:Shame Ronnie lost. That's killed this tournament stone dead for me.

It's not just Ronnie that's done it, it's the young players failing to blast onto the scene and shake things up, it's sickening that the back-end of every tournament is full of pensioners and has-never-beens.

It's depressing. The players peaking in this sport right now are killing it.

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tournaments like this are truly wide open. I genuinely believe that about 30 to 40 players entering short format events can win them nowadays. None of the top 5 players of the one year ranking list have even survived the second round. The standard at the top isn't anywhere near as high as it was in the 00s but it's more exciting than ever as a neutral.

Normally I would agree, except hardly any of these players have much flair, it's boring.

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tournaments like this are truly wide open. I genuinely believe that about 30 to 40 players entering short format events can win them nowadays. None of the top 5 players of the one year ranking list have even survived the second round. The standard at the top isn't anywhere near as high as it was in the 00s but it's more exciting than ever as a neutral.

Normally I would agree, except hardly any of these players have much flair, it's boring.

I agree. Too many dullards are clogging up the baize.