Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Mark King looks like someone who'd nut you if you so much as even say hello to him.

Sticking the nut on fu is the only way he's going to win this!

Now let's be clear. There's a difference between nutting somebody, and sticking the nut in.... :limp:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Prediction: Hawkins or Fu. One of them could be the 2017 World Champion.

If not this year, then certainly at least one of the 2 may well win it. I'd like it more if it were Hawkins, but I like Fu as well.

Postby gallantrabbit

King's dish to beat Carter was probably something he wouldn't have had the confidence to do Pre-NI either. Good luck to him. Not a great stylist, strange cue action, seems to hold the cue short, but if they go in they go in.

Postby Andre147

ronniesrun wrote:He's an annoying chavvy runt. Why doesn't he shut up?

Initially it was funny but he kept doing it which became annoying and really not necessary.

Glad Fu beat him.

:-D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:the bald hammer was trying to turn the match into a circus in the end. But the better and more talented player (Fu) won.

I can see why Ronnie isn't exactly friends with him.

pmsl

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:the bald hammer was trying to turn the match into a circus in the end. But the better and more talented player (Fu) won.

Reminds me of his match against Hossein Ayouri recently. He was at it in that match as well.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I refer you to the Masters final of 2007.

Wasn't there racial insults being thrown?

There were certainly insults Ding's way. At the time it was reported that some of it was racial.

During The Masters this year, I had one of Ding's matches on Eurosport. Foulds suggested some of the negativity towards Ding was from his own fans. Some of the Chinese in were shouting that he should be winning, and that he was a disgrace to China. Now I wasn't there, so I don't know what proportion of it was Ronnie fans booing Ding, and how many of it was Chinese fans getting the boot in. So, now I know this, I'm more reluctant to suggest it was just "Ronnie fans" being racist.

The point I was trying to make though, you could see Ding's confidence being rocked just by that one match. Ronnie was just too good for him on the day, and the fans were all on top of him. Poor lad was only a teenager, in a country where he was only just learning the language. His confidence was dead for a good couple of seasons after that.

Whatever the case, it was a disgrace the way he was treated that night. It had a detrimental effect on his career for sure, and is a big reason why I've always rooted for him.

The Masters crowd is bucking shocking.

They seemed to get praised for being "passionate" and whatever, but really they're just drunken, Ronnie-fan louts who have no respect for the game. The amount of shouting mid-frame and such is ridiculous. It's literally the only thing I don't like about the tournament.