Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Snooker isn't anywhere near big enough to be having tournaments every week with players picking and choosing what they play in, Golf and Tennis are on a different planet. Ronnie's point about Snooker being a second class sport looks pretty valid this week.

Postby vodkadiet

Hendry said during the latter stages of the UK, "Another tournament has probably already started!" He wasn't far off the mark!

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Hendry said during the latter stages of the UK, "Another tournament has probably already started!" He wasn't far off the mark!

Hearn has shown he is great at putting on Mickey Mouse events, but what really big tournament has he built or created?

Postby SnookerFan

In one respect, I have been enjoying the early stages of this tournament. It has felt like a tournament to dip in to.

I've watched the 7pm match every night, and it's always been over by about 9pm.

Postby TheSaviour

masterdoctorgenius wrote:frightening how many deciders mark king is winning lately. and won both matches here on the black.

He is winning those because there ain´t any bubble regarding his game. When Mark Selby used to won almost all the deciders he played there were a huge bubble regarding it. Yes, he is cool, calm and collected if there´s ever been any. But Mark King has awesome potting ability which starts to count when it gets really tough. He can RELATIVELY EASILY pot anything from any angle and the cue ball still lands perfectly. Selby´s just better break-builder. Comparing those two players it a case of micro versus macro.

And look who´s back! Mark Allen doing a brilliant job downing the Sheriff of Pottingham. It was anyone´s guess was Anthony fatigued. But still a very, very nice result from Mark. Anthony played so well in Germany. He would probably fancy to be something else than just a German Master :chin: <doh> :? . But actually overally it was so well played than I had to do some quite sever brain works to figure if it would be even possible to play any better.. Even those century statistics got a hit, once again. Did those count?? But he could had priorised it better, of where he fancy to rule and what he want´s to be.. People are just reading a bit wrongly, have terribly misunderstood something; it is a case of that OF COURSE IT HAS ARRIVED.. The brainworks beats the eye. it. It is like playing a computer game; now I fight against that fast machine, uhh.. Can´t beat it. But in a many way it is also a spot on way to play the game and running things.

So once again; all the knowlegable members do know that there are many different ways to play really well. It is just difficult to explain. It is like when you are having a many pints on board, and you needs to explain why it is better not to go to eat some kebab. When already having a many pints on board. It is just better to go to sleep without eating anything.

Thanks for the photo anyway....
Last edited by TheSaviour on 11 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vallomas

I'm looking forward to Perry v Gould battle.

A very important match for the Top 16 race to Crucible.

SnookerFan wrote:In one respect, I have been enjoying the early stages of this tournament. It has felt like a tournament to dip in to..

Me too, for all of us who have ES player there is the chance to have a look at all the matches, with this two-table format. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time ti stick at the tournament as I would like, but I feel that I have seen a lot, from any player, to judge who's playing better etc.

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Who the hell is the saviour? And what the hell is he going on about??

Nobody knows.

He's been a regular on this forum for years, and never once has he said something that makes sense.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:frightening how many deciders mark king is winning lately. and won both matches here on the black.

He is winning those because there ain´t any bubble regarding his game. When Mark Selby used to won almost all the deciders he played there were a huge bubble regarding it. Yes, he is cool, calm and collected if there´s ever been any. But Mark King has awesome potting ability which starts to count when it gets really tough. He can RELATIVELY EASILY pot anything from any angle and the cue ball still lands perfectly. Selby´s just better break-builder. Comparing those two players it a case of micro versus macro.

And look who´s back! Mark Allen doing a brilliant job downing the Sheriff of Pottingham. It was anyone´s guess was Anthony fatigued. But still a very, very nice result from Mark. Anthony played so well in Germany. He would probably fancy to be something else than just a German Master :chin: <doh> :? . But actually overally it was so well played than I had to do some quite sever brain works to figure if it would be even possible to play any better.. Even those century statistics got a hit, once again. Did those count?? But he could had priorised it better, of where he fancy to rule and what he want´s to be.. Now the usual suspects namely at least Ronnie O´Sullivan, Robbo, Mark Allen and Judd Trump are running the game very fastly and fluent. Once again. People are just reading a bit wrongly, have terribly misunderstood something; it is a case of that OF COURSE IT HAS ARRIVED.. The brainworks beats the eye. Ronnie, Robbo, Judd and cos hardly never fails to produce it. It is like playing a computer game; now I fight against that fast machine, uhh.. Can´t beat it. But in a many way it is also a spot on way to play the game and running things.

So once again; all the knowlegable members do know that there are many different ways to play really well. It is just difficult to explain. But the bookies odds hardly lies. It is like when you are having a many pints on board, and you needs to explain why it is better not to go to eat some kebab. When already having a many pints on board. It is just better to go to sleep without eating anything.

Now then.. Robbo, Ronnie, Allen, Judd are running it. Judd being probably the most raw natural talent. Thanks for the photo anyway....

So, to sum it up - stay away from Kebabs. Sage advice, I think we could all benefit from that.

Postby Andre147

I had no high hopes regarding this tournament at the start given his draw, unlike last week when I was gutted he lost.

Ronnie just not playing well enough to consistently beat the very top players, his win at The masters was more Selby like than anything else, the vintage Ronnie only showed up v Fu.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:I had no high hopes regarding this tournament at the start given his draw, unlike last week when I was gutted he lost.

Ronnie just not playing well enough to consistently beat the very top players, his win at The masters was more Selby like than anything else, the vintage Ronnie only showed up v Fu.

He's trying really hard. You can feel it. He wants to play well. But you don't beat the topplayers on a regular basis, let alone over longer distance if you keep missing those bucking sitters. And he's missing them in every single match. And had he not played Perry, he wouldnt have won the Masters either.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:I had no high hopes regarding this tournament at the start given his draw, unlike last week when I was gutted he lost.

sadly, the day has to come. hey,he won the masters. so the year already a success

Postby Andre147

Of couurse, he's won a big tournament already and that's good.

Sttill, a ranking event is always a ranking event, unlike The Masters.

Postby Andre147

More missed sitters comes with age sadly, even a great like Ronnie isn't immune to it.

It's just we've been spoiled by his great play so many times, that the missed sitters I still haven't got used to them, lol.