Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Horse racing. :zzz:

Is it me or is horse racing one of the most pointless things ever invented? :zzz:

Don't say things like that.

You like horse racing?

Postby LC

Cloud Strife wrote:

Is it me or is horse racing one of the most pointless things ever invented? :zzz:

Always said this, you can watch any sport just for the enjoyment, but I don't believe anyone watched horse racing unless there betting!!

Postby Pink Ball

LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Always said this, you can watch any sport just for the enjoyment, but I don't believe anyone watched horse racing unless there betting!!

Never been to Ireland then mate?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You like horse racing?

I'm Irish, it's mandatory.

Oh right. I shouldn't be surprised then that you like it. Also a jockey is probably one of the few things on this earth that you have the perfect physique for.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You like horse racing?

I'm Irish, it's mandatory.

Irish pub by my flat. Lot of racing fans there.

Postby LC

Pink Ball wrote:
LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Never although I have an Irish name, I just believe horse racing is all about the betting

Postby Pink Ball

LC wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Never although I have an Irish name, I just believe horse racing is all about the betting

Not in Ireland, to be fair. Some do follow it just for betting but many genuinely love the sport.

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet wrote:Why is there no play on Saturday afternoon?

Because itv4 are contracted to show the horse racing and for some reason don't want to put either the racing or snooker on one of their other channels.

Postby vodkadiet

SteveJJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Why is there no play on Saturday afternoon?

Because itv4 are contracted to show the horse racing and for some reason don't want to put either the racing or snooker on one of their other channels.

Thanks.

I don't believe TV rights should take precedence over the paying customers who go to the venue. And surely it gives the player who wins the Friday semi a massive advantage?

Postby Iranu

LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I have an issue with the concept of breeding and using animals purely for sport.

I was out tonight so didn't see any matches today really. Anybody looking particularly dangerous?

Postby vodkadiet

Iranu wrote:
LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I have an issue with the concept of breeding and using animals purely for sport.

I was out tonight so didn't see any matches today really. Anybody looking particularly dangerous?

I object to all animal interference by humans.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
LC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Fair enough!

Postby Cheshire Cat

@Iranu

Murphy looks to be playing the best snooker. He's been very impressive, especially his long game.

Ding v Murphy was probably the best match so far, because of how well both played.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker has now reached saturation point. You cannot expect quality snooker when players are fatigued. The schedule is ridiculous.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:Snooker has now reached saturation point. You cannot expect quality snooker when players are fatigued. The schedule is ridiculous.

I don't really buy that. Players don't have to play in every event. If they think they'll win more matches and earn more ranking points by picking and choosing, that's entirely their call.

Remember players who missed the tournament before the UK ended up crashing out of it.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Snooker has now reached saturation point. You cannot expect quality snooker when players are fatigued. The schedule is ridiculous.

The schedule is fine. Let the players pick and choose what they play in like their tennis and golfing counterparts.

Postby Pink Ball

The schedule isn't too bad. There should have been a day off between the German Masters and this, but there's a lot of snooker now, mixed in with regular breaks. Could afford to make the season less top-heavy.

Overall though, it's pretty good.

Postby Andre147

It's allright, plus players can pick and choose what they want.

Players lower down the rankings might not afford to do that, but at the same players lower aren't allowed to play in every tournament like this one.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:

The schedule isn't too bad. There should have been a day off between the German Masters and this, but there's a lot of snooker now, mixed in with regular breaks. Could afford to make the season less top-heavy.

Overall though, it's pretty good.

From a fan's point of view it has reached saturation point. I know we don't have to watch every event but it just seems every event's importance is diluted by the schedule. Less is more.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:It's allright, plus players can pick and choose what they want.

Players lower down the rankings might not afford to do that, but at the same players lower aren't allowed to play in every tournament like this one.

The thing is, if they think that picking and choosing will allow them to be more fresh and perform better, the increased prize money from reaching later rounds and lower travel costs throughout the season would counteract the loss of earnings from not entering every tournament.

If the players don't believe that to be the case, well that's their decision.