Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby TheRocket

At the World Championship 2016 he wasnt missing any sitters at all. He was potting them with ease. He lost that match against Hawkins due to a weak safety game and a beast mode performance from the Hawk. And just a year ago in the Welsh Open he was playing brillant.

Even in Romania this season he wasn't missing them apart from the final with Trump. But since the final with Trump he keeps missing and missing. Very odd.

It basicially started from nowhere.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:At the World Championship 2016 he wasnt missing any sitters at all. He was potting them with ease. He lost that match against Hawkins due to a weak safety game and a beast mode performance from the Hawk. And just a year ago in the Welsh Open he was playing brillant.

Even in Romania this season he wasn't missing them apart from the final with Trump. But since the final with Trump he keeps missing and missing. Very odd.

maybe more focus on puniditry, his book and his docu "american hustle" and less on practice?!?!

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:At the World Championship 2016 he wasnt missing any sitters at all. He was potting them with ease. He lost that match against Hawkins due to a weak safety game and a beast mode performance from the Hawk. And just a year ago in the Welsh Open he was playing brillant.

maybe more focus on puniditry, his book and his docu "american hustle" and less on practice?!?!

He's also spoken about having put weight on recently, and I've always thought that must affect a player's cue action slightly. And slightly can make all the difference.

I'm sure he's said he's been practising hard.

Postby Andre147

but not the vintage Neil by any means. Walden should have beaten him hadnt he needed zillion chances to win frames. Robbo was abysmal from 2-0 up.

Postby Andre147

Fair to say the absolute sitter to right middle missed from Ronnie has rpoved decisive thus far... he had the table at his mercy to possibly lead 1-0.

Postby Andre147

I think I know why Ronnie is missing so many sitters since Romania...

it's ever since he started that Hustle show... maybe he's missing them to give his opponent a false sense of security.

Problem for him, unlike the show, it doesn't work here. :wave:

Postby TheRocket

Robertson looked very edgy in the first frame. But since Ron missed that sitter Robertson looks quite confident and hasnt given Ronnie a good chance so far. could be a whitewash.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robertson looked very edgy in the first frame. But since Ron missed that sitter Robertson looks quite confident and hasnt given Ronnie a good chance so far. could be a whitewash.

Yes very likely.

At least Ron could make a couple of tons and lose 4-2. I dont want this to be like the Kyren match when all the hard work was for nothing.

Postby Pedro147

3-0 Robbo and 3-1 Hawkins.

Got the scores wrong but fancied both of them to win today. I never fancy Trump against an opponent with a good all round game.

Beats players who play a game similar to his but against a Hawkins type player he seems to struggle.

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:3-0 Neil

Really?

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

How the hell did that happen? The way Robertson is playing, I thought he'd have as much chance of beating Ronnie as I did.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:3-0 Neil

Really?

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

How the hell did that happen? The way Robertson is playing, I thought he'd have as much chance of beating Ronnie as I did.

Ronnie missing sitters is giving him confidence.