Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

SnookerFan wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Is snooker.org wrong, or are they really going to have Robbo - Hawkins and Gould / Perry v M Allen / Liang Wenbo matches tonight?

Makes no sense having them play two today, while King - Fu, Day - Murphy have a day off.

This whole tournament format is a bit ridiculous really.

Maybe they think they'll let the players who are already at the venue have a second match. rofl

I agree.

Postby Andre147

I think Hawkins will win tonight v Robbo.

Despite his good breaks, Robbo didn't exactly convince me against Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

I think tonight's crowds will be good mainly because most people would have bought tickets for the afternoon and evening thinking Ronnie would be there.

Postby Andre147

So is there a Semi-Final tomorrow night or not?

On Saturday I know there is one in the evening, no afternoon slot.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:So is there a Semi-Final tomorrow night or not?

Yeah semi tomorrow night, other on Saturday night and final on Sunday.

Postby LC

Andre147 wrote:I think tonight's crowds will be good mainly because most people would have bought tickets for the afternoon and evening thinking Ronnie would be there.

Where has everyone gone after the O'Sullivan v Robertson game? Surely the tickets must have been for the whole afternoon

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:So is there a Semi-Final tomorrow night or not?

One on Friday night, one on Saturday night.

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think tonight's crowds will be good mainly because most people would have bought tickets for the afternoon and evening thinking Ronnie would be there.

Where has everyone gone after the O'Sullivan v Robertson game? Surely the tickets must have been for the whole afternoon

I guess a lot of people just got tickets in for the Ronnie match and weren't interested in staying.

Postby SnookerFan

Talking about tournaments with shitty formats, my least favourite was the best of 5 World Open the BBC had a few years back. When the two semis finals were in the afternoon, then they had a best of nine final in the evening.

Man, that was a shocking event.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:How are Allen and Liang playing?

Liang is doing allright, 3-2 up, I dont know about Higgins... must be practicising at home :|

Liang is playing Allen.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Talking about tournaments with shitty formats, my least favourite was the best of 5 World Open the BBC had a few years back. When the two semis finals were in the afternoon, then they had a best of nine final in the evening.

It really was format wise pmsl

Crowds wise nothing will ever beat the Bahrain Open.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking about tournaments with shitty formats, my least favourite was the best of 5 World Open the BBC had a few years back. When the two semis finals were in the afternoon, then they had a best of nine final in the evening.

It really was format wise pmsl

Crowds wise nothing will ever beat the Bahrain Open.

A few people on this forum voiced liking it at the time.

Just looking through some old posts of that tournament. So many users that don't post here any more.

Also, they used to have this smiley. Image

<ok>

Postby eraserhead

It looks like they're playing 2 quarters simultaneously tomorrow rather than just using one table, there's only two matches in the afternoon tomorrow.

:shrug:

Postby hendry_fan

After almost 1 month of havin to stay at home,my foot has healed,i,ve got a lot o catchin up to do,so i could,nt comment right after the match.

I did actually see the match btween Robbo n Ronnie though.

Well done Robbo,played very well,did,nt miss much at all,his safety was very good,pottin also,if there was anything to be critical of,or a bit critical of,it was his positional play,a good few times he lost the cue ball,but he made up for it by keeping breaks goin by pottin a good one,2,3,or by playin a good safe.

Ronnie did,nt get many chances,but the few he did have,he squandered very quickly,he even almost blew the 4 th frame,he cleared up well but then bottled pos from the blue to the pink.

His saftey was poor by his standards.

Well done Robbo!,you,ve made my week!.

:happy: :happy: :clap: Robbo!. :clap: :happy: :happy:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:It looks like they're playing 2 quarters simultaneously tomorrow rather than just using one table, there's only two matches in the afternoon tomorrow.

:shrug:

Just like they do in these rounds, they could easily start one QF at 1pm and then the other straight after. After all, the best of 7 format definately allows for that.

Cant remember a tournament with such a shitty format since the World Open in 2010.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Was in class all day so missed almost all of the matches. Not terribly surprised Neil won. Ronnie can't seem to buy any consistency these days.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Was in class all day so missed almost all of the matches. Not terribly surprised Neil won. Ronnie can't seem to buy any consistency these days.

I was surprised. Robbo has been consistently bad. rofl