Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:To be fair the tournament in Romania this year also had very enthusiastic fans, even more so with Ronnie and Judd in the Final.

It's the first time a snooker event has been hosted here. We don't have many good players yet, but there are a lot of followers of the game.
When Ronnie came here for the first time (for an exhibition match), thousands of people gathered to get an autograph and see him play.

Regarding the current match, IMO Ford has a pretty good chance of winning it. He's a talented player, but I feel he needs to improve his tactical play.
Trump's season has been decent so far, but far for impressive, given his expectations and talent. He needs to improve his safety and tactical play and to abstain himself from taking on certain shots.
Regarding his long potting, IMO the main problem is the fact that he doesn't totally commit himself. He screws back most of the time and loses position on a color. Hendry always tried to get position on the black ball, he was a pioneer in this department. As a Ronnie fan and as a offensive snooker fan, I admire that.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry just congratulated Hamilton in his win on Twitter. Speedy Gonzales there.

A very busy man is Hendry. ;-) :-D

Postby Andre147

Hendry actually mentioned Trump is in danger of becoming a modern day Jimmy White, and I can't say I disagree with him.

This isn't just purely focused on the Worlds, but also the UK and Masters for instance, which White only won 1 each and Judd hasn't even won The Masters.

Postby hendry_fan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:To be fair the tournament in Romania this year also had very enthusiastic fans, even more so with Ronnie and Judd in the Final.

It's the first time a snooker event has been hosted here. We don't have many good players yet, but there are a lot of followers of the game.
When Ronnie came here for the first time (for an exhibition match), thousands of people gathered to get an autograph and see him play.

Regarding the current match, IMO Ford has a pretty good chance of winning it. He's a talented player, but I feel he needs to improve his tactical play.
Trump's season has been decent so far, but far for impressive, given his expectations and talent. He needs to improve his safety and tactical play and to abstain himself from taking on certain shots.
Regarding his long potting, IMO the main problem is the fact that he doesn't totally commit himself. He screws back most of the time and loses position on a color. Hendry always tried to get position on the black ball, he was a pioneer in this department. As a Ronnie fan and as a offensive snooker fan, I admire that.

Wowwwwwwww!,verrrrrrrrrrrrrry humble of you JB. <ok> :-)

Postby hendry_fan

WOWWW!,Ford just did a Judd special, :cracker: long pot,unlucky he landed on no colour though,has got Judd in trouble though,tucks the white tight bhind the green.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:There's a ranking event in Gibraltar next month. I should go there on my holidays.

If you go then we should meet, as I'll be there watching it live! :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Trump special... :chin:

You're sounding like DT Hendry-fan...

Reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally!. :shock:

He,s the last commentator i wanna sound like!. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's a ranking event in Gibraltar next month. I should go there on my holidays.

If you go then we should meet, as I'll be there watching it live! :-D

Oh, in that case I ain't bothered....

Nah, just kidding Andre.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:When does Ding play?

He's in the last group to play their first round - Wednesday afternoon.

:hatoff:

Who is he playing?

Yu Delu.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:When does Ding play?

He's in the last group to play their first round - Wednesday afternoon.

Who is he playing?

Yu Delu.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Hendry actually mentioned Trump is in danger of becoming a modern day Jimmy White, and I can't say I disagree with him.

This isn't just purely focused on the Worlds, but also the UK and Masters for instance, which White only won 1 each and Judd hasn't even won The Masters.

Hendry makes a pretty good argument:
a) They are both left handed
b) They play an aggressive game and dazzle the audience with amazing pots
c) Judd played a WC final when he was 22 years old -- Jimmy was the same age when he reached his first final in 84
d) Judd is starting to go bald, just like Jimmy

Taking Hendry's observation into account, this year Judd should reach his 2nd WC final and 4 more after it, and he will end up loosing all of them.

However, I do notice a huge difference between the 2: Jimmy is less arrogant and much more gracious in defeat
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 06 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hendry actually mentioned Trump is in danger of becoming a modern day Jimmy White, and I can't say I disagree with him.

Hendry makes a pretty good argument:
a) They are both left handed
b) They play an aggressive game and dazzle the audience with amazing pots
c)Judd played a WC final when he was 22 years old -- Jimmy was the same age when he reached his first final in 84
d) Judd is starting to go bald, just like Jimmy

Taking Hendry's observation into account, this year Judd should reach his 2nd WC final and 4 more after it, and he will end up loosing all of them.

However, I do notice a huge difference between the 2: Jimmy is less arrogant and much more gracious in defeat

I hope Judd has home insurance...