Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:and at least the QFs should have been bo9

The format for this tournament is dopey.

That's the one drawback to ITV events. The tournaments are built around the channel being able to televise other sports.

Postby LC

SnookerFan wrote:

That's the one drawback to ITV events. The tournaments are built around the channel being able to televise other sports.

Is it bo7 til the semis?

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is it bo7 til the semis?

I think so. Might be wrong.

Postby eraserhead

LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is it bo7 til the semis?

Quarters - Bo7

Semis - Bo11
Final - Bo19

Postby LC

eraserhead wrote:
LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is it bo7 til the semis?

Quarters - Bo7

Semis - Bo11
Final - Bo19

Cheers

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:
LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is it bo7 til the semis?

I think so. Might be wrong.

Yeah, the quarters are indeed also first-to-4.
Semi-finals are first-to-6 and the final is first-to-10!

Postby Andre147

Ron wont have much trouble dispaching either of these 2 if they play like this tomorrow.

I think either will up their game though.

Postby Andre147

Quarter-Finals b07 must be a joke surely!

Even the Home Nations, with 128 players, have b09 Quarters. With 32 players here, b07 in that round is baffling.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Quarter-Finals b07 must be a joke surely!

Even the Home Nations, with 128 players, have b09 Quarters. With 32 players here, b07 in that round is baffling.

Again. The downside to ITV4 coverage.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ding will play this evening yes at 7pm if he wins.

Same with Ronnie tomorrow if he wins his afternoon match.

Will Ding play Murphy?

If he wins then yes. 3-2 now.

Postby TheRocket

Neil could be on the decline. He's more of a hard worker and not the natural player like Ronnie or Trump is. He's more prone to an early decline.

At the same time I'd still like to see how he performs in the World Championship. So in the end it could be a confidence thing. But I don't rule out a decline atm.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Neil could be on the decline. He's more of a hard worker and not the natural player like Ronnie or Trump is. He's more prone to an early decline.

At the same time I'd still like to see how he performs in the World Championship. So in the end it could be a confidence thing. But I don't rule out a decline atm.

:shock:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Neil could be on the decline. He's more of a hard worker and not the natural player like Ronnie or Trump is. He's more prone to an early decline.

Well. Alexopaul even said that Robbo is finished as a topplayer or title contender. I still don't go that far as you can see. Still to early.

Postby Wildey

Players go through Bad patch.

Prior to 2007 there was even talk of Higgins on the decline since then hes won 3 WC.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well. Alexopaul even said that Robbo is finished as a topplayer or title contender. I still don't go that far as you can see. Still to early.

I know, I was kidding about. <laugh>

I do think we need to be careful talking about decline too early, with any player. Two or three years ago, we were saying that John Higgins was finished as a tournament winner.

Robbo isn't as awful as his play this season would suggest, and bear in mind he has won a ranking event this season.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:Quarter-Finals b07 must be a joke surely!

Also makes a mockery of this tournament's claim to be a 'major' :td: