Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

The screw back with the rest in the opening frame from Fu, and that long red, are the best shots of the event so far. Absolute gems.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I rather want Ronnie to keep making a 80 break frame after frame instead of making a century and then missing a sitter in the next frame. Cuz thats what hes doing very often recently. The latter scenario might be more spectacular due to the magical 1000 but the first one a lot more effective when you want to win big titles.

Bit like the World Championship semi-finals in 2004 and 2008? Best snooker I've ever seen, I thoroughly enjoyed it - and I couldn't stand him at the time!

Imo the World Championship 2004 and then the Masters 2005 was the real pinnacle. Just loved it when he destroyed Hendry and Higgins. In 2008 he came very close to that level. But he wasn't as quick or as genius like as he was in 2004. Reardon had turned him into an unplayable machine. That's why I prefer the 2004/2005 O'Sullivan over any other version of him. I really miss those times.

You okay hun? :-(

Postby TheRocket

bottom half of the draw looks quite weak compared to the top. Good chance for an unexpected player to go through to the final.

Could be Ryan Days tournament maybe?

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Fu wins with the help of a fluke.

lots of flukes this evening.

Happy Fu won.

He plays McGill next round.

Postby Andre147

That interview with Foulds from Ronnie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giving 3 words responses, or giving answers in a computurazied way!

Ronnie being Ronnie I guess. As long as he's Snooker's good...

Postby LC

Not happy about getting fined for slating a photographer and the referee at the masters, so will no longer give in depth interviews, there's always something!

Postby Iranu

Ali Carter wins 4-3 after being 3-1 up. Played a good decider in the end but probably should have won it earlier.

Postby Andre147

LC wrote:Not happy about getting fined for slating a photographer and the referee at the masters, so will no longer give in depth interviews, there's always something!

Min 4:35 :lol:

Postby Goldenballs147

LC wrote:Not happy about getting fined for slating a photographer and the referee at the masters, so will no longer give in depth interviews, there's always something!

The interview was funny, but when Ronnie behaves like this it's only himself that ends up suffering because he'll be criticised and then it'll distract him from the task at hand.

I assume Foulds was in on it as well as it would have been rather disrespectful otherwise.

Postby Wildey

Being Honest should be congratulated not fined.

sometimes lying is more acceptable.

you can agree or disagree with Ronnies assessment of Terry Camilleri but surely he has the right to express his opinion when asked by a interviewer.

Gagging opinions has been a problem in snooker for years and its not letting up is it.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:bottom half of the draw looks quite weak compared to the top. Good chance for an unexpected player to go through to the final.

Could be Ryan Days tournament maybe?

The way this season has gone.....

Postby SnookerFan

Some interesting matches today.

Mark Allen is playing Anthony Hamilton. Will Hamilton be able to retain his tournament winning form?

Mark Selby is playing Martin Gould. And Neil Robertson is playing Ricky Walden. Neither Selby or Robertson are guaranteed to win.

Ding vs Yu Delu as well.

Postby Andre147

Ding lost his last Bo7 match v Delu so definately not garanteed.

I expect Selby to win, but Robbo on the other hand has been in abysmal form, so Walden beating him shouldnt be considered an upset at all.

Hamilton might be a bit tired and flat following his win on Sunday, hes said he could do with some decent sleep. Im sure he had at least one night with some of it, after all Germany is only 1 hour+ GMT.

Postby Souvent

To be fair, the questions they ask in sports interviews are always so boring and predictable.

It's a mystery to me why more players don't react in this way. "How excited are you that [insert thing to be excited about]"? Reply "Oh, very excited... I'm delighted to yada yadda yadda". It must be incredibly tiring to do this day in, day out for years and years. And I'm not saying it's exclusive to snooker, it affects most sports nowadays. They're always reciting the same script.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Ding lost his last Bo7 match v Delu so definately not garanteed.

I expect Selby to win, but Robbo on the other hand has been in abysmal form, so Walden beating him shouldnt be considered an upset at all.

Hamilton might be a bit tired and flat following his win on Sunday, hes said he could do with some decent sleep. Im sure he had at least one night with some of it, after all Germany is only 1 hour+ GMT.

Yu Delu beating Ding wouldn't be in any way a surprise. Ding, though not in as dire form as Robertson, still has been a bit hit and miss.

Somebody should do a four-way bet on, Du, Hamilton, Walden and Gould all winning. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Souvent wrote:To be fair, the questions they ask in sports interviews are always so boring and predictable.

It's a mystery to me why more players don't react in this way. "How excited are you that [insert thing to be excited about]"? Reply "Oh, very excited... I'm delighted to yada yadda yadda". It must be incredibly tiring to do this day in, day out for years and years. And I'm not saying it's exclusive to snooker, it affects most sports nowadays. They're always reciting the same script.

It's non-news for me, anyway.

Ronnie is still turning up and playing matches. He's still giving interviews afterwards, he's just decided to gave basic, non-informative replies. That's all that this is.

Ronnie has decided to say less in interviews. It's hardly some earth shattering news story, is it?

Postby Andre147

I just found it funny, nothing else really. He can do all he wants, what matters is the current state of his game.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I just found it funny, nothing else really. He can do all he wants, what matters is the current state of his game.

Not really aiming it at you, Andre. Just adding my personal opinion.

The story came up on my facebook page, and a few comments were people overreacting to it like it was a big deal. <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:

I have to say,i found that very entertaining,i bet noone expected that,maybe he aint that predictable after all. <laugh>

Robot Ronnie. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Ding lost his last Bo7 match v Delu so definately not garanteed.

Good analysis from you there Andre. :-)

The great white shark aura that Robbo once had,was short and has plunged to a koala bear one,where is his killer instinct n good form gone to,it also would,nt surprise me one bit if Walden sends him back to his computer.

If Ding does,nt deliver tday,then it,s obvious why,my deepest sympathy to him btw.

The sherrif of Pottingham could be a bit tired,but as you wrote Andre,i,m also sure he,s caught up on the lost sleep he had.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I have to say,i found that very entertaining,i bet noone expected that,maybe he aint that predictable after all. <laugh>

Robot Ronnie. :-D

Didn't the story about his 'free speech being hindered' break yesterday morning, before the match?

If so, it wasn't that hard to predict, in that it's exactly what he said he was going to do.

Postby Andre147

Winner of this one faces Ronnie next round.

Robbo could meet him for the 3rd time this season, 3rd time lucky perhaps.... Ronnie's draw couldn't be much tougher this week, but maybe roles are reversed as opposed to last week.