Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is it me, or does Hendry become a better pundit as soon as he appears on ITV4? He's already talked more sense than he did for the entire Masters.

It's the BBC influence, even Hendry isn't immune to them when he's around.

I think this is true. Wouldn't surprise me if they ask pundits on the BBC to talk rubbish. They're all biased, talking their channel up.

That and Hendry always ignores Taylor, because he hates him.

Postby dragracer

Heading there tomorrow... it's my first tournament after watching on TV for the past 20 years since my nan introduced me to the game as a nipper. Which row and from what side of the table gives you the best view?

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:What little crowd there is watching the next big thing in snooker.......Tom ford

A good few years back, I was watching the Wildcard round at The Masters. It was 11am on a Sunday.

Mark Allen, ranked about 15 or 16 played Wildcard Judd Trump.

There was only a dozen or two of us there. It wasn't considered a big match in those days. rofl

Postby LC

SnookerFan wrote:
LC wrote:What little crowd there is watching the next big thing in snooker.......Tom ford

A good few years back, I was watching the Wildcard round at The Masters. It was 11am on a Sunday.

Mark Allen, ranked about 15 or 16 played Wildcard Judd Trump.

There was only a dozen or two of us there. It wasn't considered a big match in those days. rofl

It still isn't considered a big match ! I think every tournament should be played in Germany

Postby Andre147

To be fair the tournament in Romania this year also had very enthusiastic fans, even more so with Ronnie and Judd in the Final.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:To be fair the tournament in Romania this year also had very enthusiastic fans, even more so with Ronnie and Judd in the Final.

England has let us down lately. The crowds in Manchester were crappy too.

Postby SnookerFan

dragracer wrote:Heading there tomorrow... it's my first tournament after watching on TV for the past 20 years since my nan introduced me to the game as a nipper. Which row and from what side of the table gives you the best view?

I'd recommend not to sit at the baulk end. Players breaking off tend to get in the way if your view. Either long side of the table is better.

Often the front row isn't as good as you think, as your eyeline from the table. Row C or D are better.

Consider sitting at the end of a row. People tend to want to stand around an clap etc. If you get caught mid-row, sometimes it takes forever to file out.

Postby LC

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:To be fair the tournament in Romania this year also had very enthusiastic fans, even more so with Ronnie and Judd in the Final.

Crowds in masters where good, tho some where a bit chavish for some on here

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Crowds in masters where good, tho some where a bit chavish for some on here

Yeah,I kind of wasn't counting The Masters. Or the UK really. For the newer tournaments turnout has been a bit poor.

Venue of the year was the Irish one. With all the plane noises. :plane:

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Yeah shocking attendance, didn't someone say u could get tickets for a £1

Yeah.

There's why.

Still better crowds than early Manchester. I hope it sells better at the weekend.

Postby hendry_fan

Just managed to see the marvellous *145* from Judd,i did,nt even notice he had the chance to actually make it a *146* until Clive mentioned it,pity he was too straight on the black,but it was a wise decision takin the pink instead. <ok>