Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Andy Spark

An interesting stat...
Ronnie O'Sullivan's decider win percentage: 62.87%
Mark Selby's decider win percentage 60.47%.

If commentators actually looked at the facts then they might say something interesting once in a while. They might come up with some interesting statistics that reveal a truth. Instead, we get Phill Yates's endless puns and cliches with the vocal inflections of a robot DJ...

Postby hendry_fan

Gouldy loses pos after 54,takes on a longish red but misses,gives Selbs a 3rd bite at the cherry,but he misses that opportunity as well. :dizzy:

Postby hendry_fan

Selbs misses his 4th opportunity,this time he misses a longish red,Leaves Gouldy an easyish opener and he gets it,makes 13,then plays safe,Selbs needs 3 snookers,plays a very poor saftey,then offers Gouldy his hand.

Selby loses a decider!,very unlike him to not finish the match,especially gettin 4 bites at the cherry. :dizzy:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 08 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:Bye bye Slowby
Good riddance !!!

to be fair. he really went for his shots today. the blue in the decider and then the long red he missed when he was 40 points behind. Very selby unlike shots. Probably thought there's no way he's gonna lose a decider against Gould.

Postby Andy Spark

Not just Ronnie, but Ding Junhui (63.09%) also has a superior decider win percentage to Selby. Nice that we now have cue tracker to check the facts(!) and just as I always suspected, a lot of what the commentators say is wrong, Selby's percentage of deciders won is quite good but hardly outstanding as Phil Yates claimed it was.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Guys, quick question: did Robbo play well today against Walden?

Until 2-0 he did, then it was the Robbo from November onwards: marmite.

Walden could have easily won it if he didn't need zillion chances to win frames.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie plays better in tournamemts where he has caused controversy. I think he believes it proves a point.

That is very true.

I can think of 2 quick examples but I'm sure there are more:

After his 2006 UK walk-out, he wins the next event, the 2007 Masters.
After his China presser in 2008, he wins the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

Last year at the Welsh with the 146 is another example, and even in the 2010 World Open with the 147 that Jan "forced" him to do, he didn't win it but reached the Final nonetheless.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Last year at the Welsh with the 146 is another example, and even in the 2010 World Open with the 147 that Jan "forced" him to do, he didn't win it but reached the Final nonetheless.

Indeed.

Watch this space.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Iron man Selby has bottled it against the bottler Martin Gould . rofl

Sometimes strange things can happen.

I watched the decider on YouTube. Snooker is just completely unpredictable. Selby making a mess of 4 chances in a decider, I thought I would never see the day.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:apparently selby had problems with his tip. it split up and had to put a new one a day before the match

Didn't Fu as well?

Sounds like it's happening to everybody at the moment.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:apparently selby had problems with his tip. it split up and had to put a new one a day before the match

Didn't Fu as well?

TWITTER ATTACK!

Marco Fu ‏@Marcofu18
Split my tip before the Fu King quarter final match...

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Didn't Fu as well?

TWITTER ATTACK!

Marco Fu ‏@Marcofu18
Split my tip before the Fu King quarter final match...

that word play. loving it. "Fu[c]King quarterfinal match". lmao.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Zhao Xintong has impressed me even more than Bingtao. But Yan isn't far off.

Good call. Zhao is definitely another big talent.

<ok>