Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

I did say I was hoping Hamilton wouldn't bottle an 8-5 lead like in 2002 v MJW...

If Ali closes to 8-7 down I can see Hamilton bottling it all over...

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:will Hamilton make a fist pump if he pots frame ball?

Good Question!. <laugh>

He might do a double back flip,or at least try and do one. :-D

Postby Andre147

Very very well played Ants!

He's no more the best player never to win a ranker.

Now he's a ranking event winner, no one can take that from him.

Postby hendry_fan

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!

He,s done it!.

SO HAPPY FOR HIM!.

:win: :cracker: :happy: GET IN THERE ANTHONY!!!!!!. :happy: :cracker: :win:

Played brilliant in the evening session,fuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllly deserved.

It,s been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait for him to finaly win a ranker,but he,s done it,after bein 26 years as a pro,pockets important rankin points + pockets a good few £s too. :clap: :clap:

Postby Lucky

LC wrote:German crowds mental! Great passion for snooker

The announcer in the venue makes it sound like the Nuremberg Rally.

Postby TheRocket

Fair to say, we'll see many more journeymen winning rankers in the future. Lack of new talents and 20 ranking titles per season will make it possible. The system definitely suits the lower ranked players.

The very topplayers will always skip around 3 or 4 of these 20 rankers and even take it (at times) more or less as practice sessions for the bigger tournaments while the lower ranked players play for their life.

Ryan Day, Mark Davis, Michael Holt and whoever I forgot to mention. Their time will come. Mark my words.
Last edited by TheRocket on 05 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

That trophy looks great,it aint silverware,but,it,ll count as silverware,looks booootiful all the same. <ok> :-)

Postby Vallomas

Really, really thrilled for Anthony!

What a fairy tale to see him winning a ranker, especially after the bitter end of his Northern Ireland Open run. He played very well in the evening session and he fully deserved it.

And what a route to the trophy; McGill at the first qualifier, MJW in the 1st proper round, Selby next, Hawkins, Bingham and now a resurgent Carter. UNBELIEVABLE!

I made a thought when he beat MJW in Wednesday, as I remember that Gould also beat the same opponent in his first round last year. But I didn't believe he could do it until he beat Hawkins in that dramatic quarter final. Now he's done it. Tremendous.