Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Great match, brilliant crowd.

What's ocurring?

I am on a tram.

Right now 4-2, carter has a chance to steal and go 5-2.

Postby Andre147

That missed black from Gouldy to make it 3-3 looks like was the huge trning point, not to mention the last frame when he also should have won from in front.

I think Carter will control this frame from here and win 6-2.

Postby Andre147

I also agree even if the match isn't great standard wise, the enthusiastic crowd and the amazing venue certainly make it worth watching-

it's been an enjoyable match, not close as I expected it to be but very close frames too nevertheless.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:I also agree even if the match isn't great standard wise, the enthusiastic crowd and the amazing venue certainly make it worth watching-

it's been an enjoyable match, not close as I expected it to be but very close frames too nevertheless.

Yeah,standard wise it was weak,lots n lots o misses,etc,but who buckin cares,it does,nt have to be top standard to make it enjoyable,the BBC with they,re endless,overhyping standards so high these days hogwash has gotten very boring to say the least,they seem to think if they don,t spout the phrase out,that hardly anyone will watch. <doh> <laugh>

The crowd in that Tempodrome have been brilliant,ok,some o the crowd overdid it with shouting,takin photos,etc,your always gonna get a few who are out of line,especially in a crowd the size you have here in this match,but the atmosphere was brill,you,d of thought they were watchin the final of the worlds and no disrespect to Ali n Martin,but just think if it had o been some other top players who were playin today.

Anyway,well done to Ali. <ok>

Hard luck to Gouldy,potted sum crackers,but that alone aint good enough i,m afraid. ;-) :-)

Postby Andre147

Ali clearly likes the venue having won here before, and could become the first player to win this event twice.

Hope Hamilton does a King though and wins it.

Postby Andre147

Having said that, a snooker player can't possibly dislike playing in a venue like this, even if he lost 5-0 without potting a ball.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I also agree even if the match isn't great standard wise, the enthusiastic crowd and the amazing venue certainly make it worth watching-

From what I saw, it was fairly dramatic. Sometimes two people missing important balls can be as exciting as when both players are making centuries.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Having said that, a snooker player can't possibly dislike playing in a venue like this, even if he lost 5-0 without potting a ball.

I find the layout strange in early rounds. But the semi, one table set up looked immense.

Postby Cheshire Cat

That atmosphere.

Excluding the muppets that make up the Conference Centre and Alexandra Palace, the Tempodrom probably has the best atmosphere of any event on the tour. For me, only the latter stages of the Worlds compares.

Postby Andre147

LC wrote:Ronnie admitting he's gutted not to be playing, but he's only himself to blame the plonker

Should never have lost from 4-1 up.

King did very well to make it 4-3, nothing Ronnie could do about that, but in the last 2 frames that was a proper bottle job from Ronnie. The decider was one of the worst I've seen from him.

Looking at how the draw pan out, he would have a golden chance to win the whole thing, only an inspired Bingham in the Final may have stopped him from it.

Postby LC

Andre147 wrote:Hamilton 1-0 up!

I believe he can win the whole thing King style!

This would of been possibly as easy a ranking victory you could get if Ronnie had his head screwed on, Bingham looks terrible here

Postby Andre147

Cant believe Bingham missed that sitter of a red in the first frame...

He wont win this Semi with misses like that that's for sure.

Postby Andre147

Maybe Hamilton losing his 2nd ranking event Final to MJW, the 2002 China Open, from 8-5 up to lose 9-8 dented his confidence?

Also this season already he feathered the white in the decider against Hawkins at the NI Semi, otherwise I think he would have made his 3rd Final.

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Consistency is his main problem Pinks.

Yes. If he gets that, I think he could go a long way in our great game. Future World Champion?

Bit wet behind the ears for me.