Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 16 !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Manty - HF is worried about his hero's records.

7 MASTERS!!!!!

hehehe :)

I,m a wee bit worried,but he,s still got a bit to go.

I wrote on here a while ago that if Ron were to beat my "heros" World championship titles and ranking titles tally,then i,d lay my hat down :hatoff: ,take it like a man and congratulate him.

I hope that that day never happens though. ;-) <laugh>

I bet Ronnie can't wait! I tell you what, if he does - and we are still here posting... well what a fine day that would be. Not just for the Ronnie wins, but our friendship on here. Buck's sake, I'll be greetin' soon!!

Feel free to do so,it,s part n parcel.

Your hardly gonna just sit there and show no signs of celebration are you. <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Mind you, like TR says, it doesnt hurt as much because he won The masters already, it would have been worse if he was still on no titles. Still, it would be a shame if he went through the whole season without a ranking title. In an ideal world it would be the Worlds, but if he cant win that as I say it would be a shame if he couldn't win one ranker this season. Even Higgins might just get to 29 before Ronnie does, hope not.

I agree. But John Higgins can win 5 or even more ranking titles. If he doesn't start winning some TC events Ronnie O'Sullivan will always be the greater player.

8 more Majors (1 World, 2 UK's, 5 Masters) is a very huge gap. Especially when comparing two All time greats.

The gap between Hendry,Ronnie and Davis is much closer even though Hendry obviously has that World title advantage which still makes him the goat. Statistically at least.
Last edited by TheRocket on 03 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Oh dear!,Gilbert has been far the better player throughout this match,had a good few chances to get over the line,but Bingo has stuck in and we now have a decider. :dizzy:

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Congrats to Bingtao,the 16 year young chinese sensation kicks out Holty. :clap:

A first ever quarter-final in a ranking event, too, for the boy!
Potential future World Champion?

He's bloody excellent for 16, I've been impressed with him for a while now.

He's not as exciting as Xintong or as good a break-builder, but his all-round game is far more developed with three years in hand.

Postby mick745

I suspect some clever person on here will know the youngest ever ranking Quarter-Finalist, Semi-Finalist and finalist. Bingtao's not 17 for a couple of weeks yet.

Postby hendry_fan

Gilbert will be gutted!. :-(

What a chance that was to go far in a tourney.

It was another of those many matches we,ve witnessed over the years where the higher ranked player was there for the takin,but towards the latter part of the match they,re opponent start to make careless mistakes and the higher ranked player comes back n wins.

Well done to Bingo for stickin in there.

Postby TheRocket

Hamilton has beaten Selby. Some performance this. Maybe this is gonna be his week and he'll does what King did in Northern Ireland? I'd like to see it. He's a very good breakbuilder and scorer. Should have won a title by now with his talent.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Gould actually has a decent chance to defend this title, which is something I didn't think possible. The draw has opened up quite a bit, lots of the big hitters gone home.

I fancy the Hawk though. Go on Bazza.

Postby Alex0paul

mick745 wrote:I suspect some clever person on here will know the youngest ever ranking Quarter-Finalist, Semi-Finalist and finalist. Bingtao's not 17 for a couple of weeks yet.

Yea Bingtao beats Hunters record of youngest quarter finalist although he was still the youngest semi finalist

Postby mick745

Amazingly both Hamilton and Bingtao could end the season inside the top 64 after just one year of their two year tour cards. Great performance by those two.

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:Hamilton has beaten Selby. Some performance this. Maybe this is gonna be his week and he'll does what King did in Northern Ireland? I'd like to see it. He's a very good breakbuilder and scorer. Should have won a title by now with his talent.

Yeah,it,d be great to see Hamilton go on n win this,it,s amazin he,s still around tbh,boy,he,s had many battle scars in his lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng carreer,bout time he got some real reward after all his efforts over the years,he seems a nice bloke too. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Selby blew this you got to beat has beens or in Hamilton's case never really was

Postby mick745

Just checking Paul Hunter's career record and his first SF was at the 1996 Welsh Open in Feb 96, he had already turned 17 by then so if Bingtao wins tonight he'll be the youngest ever ranking SFinalist ( I think).

Postby kolompar

Alex0paul wrote:
mick745 wrote:I suspect some clever person on here will know the youngest ever ranking Quarter-Finalist, Semi-Finalist and finalist. Bingtao's not 17 for a couple of weeks yet.

Yea Bingtao beats Hunters record of youngest quarter finalist although he was still the youngest semi finalist

Good stat. Can Yan save the tournament?

Postby SteveJJ

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It's true. On TSF you are actually allowed to be a Ronnie fan! Quite refreshing.

I prefer it round here though.

#PostsFromsRonniesTree

It's like telling a football supporter that they're not allowed to get behind their team, you're only allowed to like Snooker, how dare you prefer one player over another!

I think the thing some people take issue is not that people support Ronnie over any other player, its more that sometimes it comes across that some people prefer Ronnie over the sport in general