Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Wonder what the TV match will be on the opening session tomorrow...

On paper it's got to be Mags v Carter, but considering Gould is the defending champ, they might give him the TV slot against Jones.

Postby TheSaviour

BIG TIME.

A ranking event with a nice piece of a draw. I still keep my words of mainly been interested how well Robbo does here. Because he is basically only one who has it (break-building, big breaks) completely even on or off. It will be interesting to know if it is on or not. a Very likely it will be on. But beside that the obvious choices are Robin Hull vs Jimmy White and Ronnie O´Sullivan vs Mark King. Ronnie´s match should be a MUCH more tighter contest than the bookies odds suggest. On the other day I watched from the youtube James Wattana vs Ronnie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlPSgf9vho when JW whitewashed Ronnie 5-0. In a way that was Ronnie as he is; he could easily and NATURALLY make a 15 or 20 but then breaking down. Not much wrong the next attempt either but enough to spoil it. When James can make a 30 or 35 and then breaking down. That´s what snooker basically is all about. So no offence by any means towards Ronnie or James.

Obviously Ronnie has the wisdom to make it work when he sees it really counts. During the UK, the Masters and the Worlds, for example. Just first a bit of a workhorse-mentality, after that using his brains and intelligence, and then he will play brilliantly. It is just of case that no-one should except Ronnie could play always like that. You will have a difficulty of getting out of the bed in the mornings if thinking that´s how Ronnie naturally is. Don´t expect too much. And Mark King can do everything you ask him to do.

A much of it just is that setting the limits is similar than putting the sense into it. Without limits there is no sense or brainworks either. If expecting someone to save the day it will be not Ronnie or the German audiences. Or even me if my username would suggest that. :john: :john: Perhaps someone like Stephen Hendry or Rhys Clark can come and blown you away. I remember the times when Stephen Maguire used to be the voice of common sense, but I suppose it has spiralled out of the control now.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 02 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't get to bed until 1am last night, so may not make the end of the evening match if it runs long.

Saying that, with Ronnie playing, it'll probably be over by half past eight. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Sounds like Ding's mum died. That's sad news. :sad:

source?

EDIT: nevermind, just found out she died of cancer. :-(

If it's true, then firstly Jimmy, now Ding. At least he didn't enter this one, otherwise he would have certainly withdrawn.

Postby Andre147

Grey carpet, meh.

When the tournament had red it was wonderful.

Anyway, should be a great tournament regardless. Too bad there's few TV matches, the tournament needed to start on Monday, but the venue is high on demand.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Just checked on my phone and Eurosport have two tables with coverage.

Really? The other table on ES Player?

Should be Mags v Carter I think.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Just checked on my phone and Eurosport have two tables with coverage.

Really? The other table on ES Player?

Should be Mags v Carter I think.

Yep eurosport player. Gould main table, Mags on an outer one

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Grey carpet, meh.

When the tournament had red it was wonderful.

Anyway, should be a great tournament regardless. Too bad there's few TV matches, the tournament needed to start on Monday, but the venue is high on demand.

That's been the problem since the tournament has existed. It was such an obvious thing, it was something we all pointed out and criticised pretty much as soon as the inaugural tournament was announced.

(The format problems, I mean. Not the issues with carpet colour.)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:4-0, Jamie struggling to make a 5 break. 62% pot success, Gould 92%

If tonight's match is this quick, I won't have to worry about being tired from last night. <laugh>

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Has Gould won yet, Dan?

Yeah, he cruised through!
5-0!
That's 8 match wins in-a-row for Gould at the German Masters - he likes this venue, I think!