Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Just watched the decider... Ronnie wasn't focused at all... one of his worst I'd have to agree.

Also, what was that rubbish, playing on for snookers 40 point behind with brown left?????? No matter, I'm gutted because I love this tournament and he had an easy draw, but he cant bucking make the most of that.

Postby TheRocket

Really pathetic from Foulds and Hendon how they tried to make Ronnie and King look like big rivals and even say, there's some kind of needle going on between these two. <doh>

They are obviously not friends but from Ronnies and Kings and just every snooker players perspective thats the case with 99% of the opponents. So it was just a normal snooker match in other words lol.

And King even said in the pre interview that hes playing the best player thats ever lived.

However. Poor performance from Ron. It kinda makes it easier to accept it, knowing he's the Masters champ but a pity he didnt make more out of his easy draw. And I can just repeat. The World Championship will be the true benchmark. We had 1000 debates here whether Ronnie is the same player or not. We'll see it very soon. thats all you can say.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

not for Kingsy TR

“Ronnie and I have got plenty of history which people don’t really know about, since we were kids,” said world number 21 King, who won the first ranking title of his career at the Northern Ireland Open in November. “It’s not a needle match but it’s always nice to beat him. That’s rivalry for you.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:not for Kingsy TR

“Ronnie and I have got plenty of history which people don’t really know about, since we were kids,” said world number 21 King, who won the first ranking title of his career at the Northern Ireland Open in November. “It’s not a needle match but it’s always nice to beat him. That’s rivalry for you.

well, heard this for the first time. Surprised about that to be honest. But looks like Hendon and Foulds did have a point indeed.

But as you say. if you can call it rivalry, I think its more from Kings perspective. Ronnies couldnt care any less about it to be honest.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Really pathetic from Foulds and Hendon how they tried to make Ronnie and King look like big rivals and even say, there's some kind of needle going on between these two. <doh>

They are obviously not friends but from Ronnies and Kings and just every snooker players perspective thats the case with 99% of the opponents. So it was just a normal snooker match in other words lol.

And King even said in the pre interview that hes playing the best player thats ever lived.

However. Poor performance from Ron. It kinda makes it easier to accept it, knowing he's the Masters champ but a pity he didnt make more out of his easy draw. And I can just repeat. The World Championship will be the true benchmark. We had 1000 debates here whether Ronnie is the same player or not. We'll see it very soon. thats all you can say.

i will tell you whats pathetic is Ronnie fans making out this tournament not as important it always bucking happens and im sick to buck of it.

i would not accept buck all he played badly missed easy balls and it was not because he wasent trying there is real needle between these two players any fool knows that and the pressure of wanting to beat king got to him its called being human.

your only as good as your last match and in his last match Ronnie blew a 4-1 lead.

Postby Andre147

Nobody was saying this isn't important anymore just because Ronnie lost.

I was even gutted because he had such an easy draw to get to the Final... on paper at least. King today proved once again why he's a bogey player for Ronnie.

Ronnie bottled a big lead, period. He missed shots left and right... he didn't do much wrong when King made it 4-3, but in the last 2 he really bottled the match.

Hendry-fan will be pleased... Ronnie played one of his worst deciders, similar to what Higgins has done in recent times actually.

Postby Andre147

I also do agree with MDG, that when Ronnie does his punditry here, especially come the Semis and the easy draw he would have got, he will fill envy and wanting to be there playing.

Like I said above, golden chance wasted here against a player like King and his draw...

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:i will tell you whats pathetic is Ronnie fans making out this tournament not as important it always bucking happens and im sick to buck of it.

i would not accept buck all he played badly missed easy balls and it was not because he wasent trying there is real needle between these two players any fool knows that and the pressure of wanting to beat king got to him its called being human.

your only as good as your last match and in his last match Ronnie blew a 4-1 lead.

Dont try to put words into my mouth.

I never said, he wasn't trying. He even played for Snookers, he tried and failed in the end. It was for everyone to see. And whether Ronnie bottled it in the end because of that needle with King or not I couldn't care less. Like I couldn't care less what he exactly thinks about King and vice versa.

And just for the record before you start to twist thngs again. I've never made any secret that I rate the Masters,UK and especially World Championship a lot higher than any other tournament including this one (without devalueing it and the other non TC tournaments). Especially at this stage of Ronnies career it matters so much. Like winning the 7th Masters and holding a very special record.

That's my point of view. I don't care what you think about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This has to be the worst decider Ronnie has ever played. Ridiculous.

Like a few Higgins has played recently.

My thoughts exactly!

I know I've bored people saying this a lot recently, but I still think Ronnie has more trophies in him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I went to sleep last night thinking the match was over. Woke up to see ronnie lost :dizzy:

Too bad, but not a big deal. Looks like for some reason Wild hates to hear this, but this tournament doesn't mean the world to me. Would have been great to see Ronnie win it of course, but he just won The Masters so this doesn't seem that important.

Worlds, Masters and UK, those are the important ones. But it has to be said Ronnie needs to focus a bit more these days. Especially in deciding frames. He seems to be playing pretty good, but his focus seems off. Still, more big titles to come, I'm sure.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:saw some tweets from one who attented the PC.

Ronnie smashed his queue on the table. was knackered.

No probs Ronnie, it happens. next week is another tournament.

Didn't expect a comment like that from you. I guess this day is full of surprises!

The past two weeks taught me one thing: you have to support your fav player, no matter what. Good things will happen eventually, even if you have to wait 5 years for it.

Got a new kind of perspective.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Credit to King too.

Exactly

He attacked Ronnie and Ronnie was almost in a trance that King could do that they know each other so well

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I never said, he wasn't trying. He even played for Snookers, he tried and failed in the end. It was for everyone to see. And whether Ronnie bottled it in the end because of that needle with King or not I couldn't care less. Like I couldn't care less what he exactly thinks about King and vice versa.

I wasn't convinced that there was needle between the pair, to be honest.

I mean obviously, we don't know what has gone on with them off-table, so we can't be sure. But it just seemed that Eurosport overreacted to their toilet break shenanigans pre-decider. Even going as far as to suggest they wouldn't shake hands.

I didn't really sense any needle, or at least not to the point where they all out hate each other. I think it was just Eurosport trying to make a big story out of the fact there was a few minutes wait between frames.

But then, maybe said overreaction was caused by something the Eurosport commentators know that we don't...

Postby TheRocket

@ snookerfan

King said after the match that he and Ronnie had plenty of history since they were kids and he called it a rivalry. He said it's not a needle match but still always nice to beat him.

So it's probably fair to say there's no love lost between them.

But imo there's still no reason in making it a bigger thing than it is. This is an one on one sport.You'll always play plently of people in your career you don't like. Ronnie had very intense rivalries with Hendry and Williams in the early 00's. Even when they shook hands you could sense it. Selby and Murphy arent his best friends either.

If those kind of things let affect you, you've definitely chosen the wrong job.

I couldn't agree more with Hendry when he said that he couldn't care less what the other players thought about him. He was not there to make friends but to win, to dominate and to become the best. And he knew that many players disliked him.

Postby SnookerFan

@TheRocket

Fair dos. I didn't watch the post-match interviews.

I think the Eurosport mob were over selling it a bit, with all their handshake banter. But, who knows? Or cares, really? It was a good match, their opinion of each other doesn't really matter.

What we don't want to see is a repeat of Mark Allen's bellendish behaviour vs Joyce.

Postby TheRocket

Yes, couldnt agree more Snookerfan.

If you don't like the guy and want to beat him so badly in a match. Then do it. Let your Snooker speak and win. Thats how it works and thats what sportsmen do.

No need to open your mouth and say rubbish things in the media or behave like an idiot during the match which Allen did against Joyce.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody got any scores or news of this mornings play?

Barry Hawkins 5-1 Michael White
Stuart Bingham 4-2 Zhang Yong
Dominic Dale 1-3 Yan Bingtao

The top-half of the draw is wide open after the surprise defeats for Mark Allen and Ronnie.

Postby hendry_fan

Good morning all,shine n rise!. :-D

I watched the match yesterday live up until the MSI and i,ve just watched the rest on youtube.

I have to say,i was a bit cheesed off when King feathered the white,especially as he was in a good position to keep the break he was on going and was in good nick to be able to win the frame and level the scores 2-2 goin into the MSI.

When Ronnie then went on to snatch the frame and go 3-1 up,i like probably most,thought,it,s over,Ronnies won this match.

When i got up this morning,i checked the scores and jumped for joy,it did,nt half wake me up,if King had o lost,i certainly would,nt of bovered to watch it. :-D

I have to say,King looked amazingly relaxed,comfy,even when he went 4-1 down,you,d of thought that he was the one who was leadin 4-1,Ronnie looked like he was gonna be attacked by Michael Myers,well,ok,maybe he did,nt look that scared/shell-shocked,but you know what i mean. :-D

I could,nt believe my eyes when Ronnie played on needin 3,then even 4 snookers,throughout the match he played more of the % game,he certainly was,nt in a full,Messi,attackin mode as he turned down the odd pot/long pot,he normaly would o gone for,he actually turned into a Selby, ;-) :-D

What a decider!,King needed about 5,maybe even 6 chances to get over the line,Ronnie had his fare share himself,and what about a pink he missed when the scoreline was 26-22 in his favour!,with the last 5 reds bein in a nice position,boy,what a chance he blew there,talk about bottling a match winnin chance. :dizzy:

Crackin stuff from King,even when he was 4-1 down,did,nt give up,still looked confident,relaxed,now maybe thats a key formula,a good weapon to throw at Ronnie,show him that your confident,relaxed and he,ll crumble. :-D

Well done Mark King!,thanks for beating Ron,you,ve made my day,in fact my week. :clap: :happy:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 02 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Talking of Mark Allen, I just looked at his Twitter page.

Mark Allen‏@pistol147
Absolutely no complaints tonight. Completely outplayed!! Only remember missing one ball I shouldn't have. Tough school

Quite good sportsmanship from Allen. Quite rare from him.

Postby mick745

Just watched back the last bit of Ford's maximum and seen that bloke in the front row deliberately clap his hands loudly just as Tom's cueing the final black. What a complete....!!

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:Just watched back the last bit of Ford's maximum and seen that bloke in the front row deliberately clap his hands loudly just as Tom's cueing the final black. What a complete....!!

I didn't notice that. Do you think he was deliberately trying to put him off? Or just didn't know the etiquette?