Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

I agree.

Ronnie too has a nice draw, but he could also easily not make the most of it and get knocked out.

I reckon he would have to be pretty rubbish not to reach the Quarter-Finals. Until then he has King and than either Ebdon or Ford.

In the QUarters only an inspired Maguire might stop him from reaching the Semis.

Postby TheSaviour

I am mostly interested about how well Neil Robertson does here. He cemented issue very well during the Masters. Actually he cemented few issues which I have been thinking over a many, many years. ACCIDENTALLY

But Neil played very well, even when he lost to Ronnie. That´s just how it is sometimes. It would be good if the players who are actually playing well and fast could be the the force, not those who are accidentally just playing the good stuff. That´s relatively good still because most can´t play that well even accidentally. But it used to be vice versa. The fans were immendiately noticing when someone was coming into the form. It doesn´t necessarily mean a winning trot.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:By accident?

lol... but really, a player can't start playing well by accident... various factors coming into the equation that's what makes them play well.

Guess I'm reading too much into what Saviour is saying pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:By accident?

lol... but really, a player can't start playing well by accident... various factors coming into the equation that's what makes them play well.

Guess I'm reading too much into what Saviour is saying pmsl

Did you read too much into it deliberately?

Postby Pedro147

Not trying to wind people up but even though most agree that Ronnie isn't as good as his previous best, is he the best player of the season so far?

3 finals and a Triple Crown title as well as the most centuries this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Pedro147 wrote:Not trying to wind people up but even though most agree that Ronnie isn't as good as his previous best, is he the best player of the season so far?

Kind of hard to say at the moment.

When John Higgins won the two tournaments in a row, people were saying he was the best player. When Selby won the UK, whilst being the reigning World Champion, the term 'Selby-slam' was being bandied about.

Obviously, winning The Masters and appearing in three other finals makes him a strong contender at the moment. But it depends what happens in the next few ranking events, and if still close, what happens at The Crucible.

Postby PoolBoy

Pedro147 wrote:Not trying to wind people up but even though most agree that Ronnie isn't as good as his previous best, is he the best player of the season so far?

I'm not sure how anybody can view Ronnie's season as being better than Selby's?

Ronnie = 1 triple crown event, but no ranking titles.
Selby = 1 triple crown event plus 2 other ranking wins.

Postby Andre147

Selby's season has been better becuse he's won the 2 biggest ranking events outside the Crucible: The IC and the UK.

Ronnie has been 2nd best, that I have no doubt.

Postby Ronnie79

I can't see Ronnie not making the final his draw is very kind. King, ford or Ebdon and can't see mags Carter, Allen or Walden beating him. The bottom half is a mine field lots of decent players in form down there

Postby TheSaviour

Ronnie79 wrote:Everyone saying Selby but Fu and Hawkins are the form men on that side

Playing against Fu is difficult, yes.. The lads saying they just don´t have such a (low) gear which Marco having and possessing. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: But still It wouldn´t make any sense to argue much against Marco´s playing abilities and happenings. If even one mastermind who has wrote those snooker books and explaining techniques would be wrong then it would change everything. From zero to hero. Suddenly every amateur hustler would be a world beater and would fancy his or her chances.. So if that´s the case it would be a very beneficial just to wait and see what would happen. But so far there just isn´t any proves about it. The reality doesn´t need any proves. If you are looking something it is not classified as a reality or truth. At least not at the moment. Er, that´s what scores of people seems to be forgetting every now and then..

Well but good for Marco so far. Meanwhile Barry Hawkins seems to be arguing his game has come on "leaps and bounds". And Jimmy is on the verge of starting to play really good again.. Anyone can believe what wanting to. Jimmy obviously been a "holder" of those sort of statements and promises.. Which is a quite different. But still I somehow do believe he could be playing really good again. His results have dramatically got better during just a one year. During this tournament he even has an outside chance of getting into the top 32 on this season’s one-year ranking list which would give him a place in next week’s Ladbrokes World Grand Prix in Preston. But he would have to win this tournament that to happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Going to be a bit busy this week, so not entirely sure how much of the German Masters I'm going to see. :sad: Might try to catch the odd frame / session here and there.

But don't worry, I'll still post on here and follow the score. :D

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Everyone saying Selby but Fu and Hawkins are the form men on that side

Selby definitely has the hardest draw as you say Fu and Hawkins has in fact reached finals since Selby last did.

Postby SnookerFan

Interesting discussion though. Maybe one we should have a thread about in General Snooker.

Has Gould got another ranker in him? He was doing well for a while, even got in the top-16 and got to The Masters on occasion.

For a year since winning his first ranker though, he's been a bit under the radar. Has he had his day now, or will he suddenly break away again and start having more career success.

Discuss.

Postby SnookerFan

Jimmy White says his game has come on ‘leaps and bounds’ as he looks ahead to playing in the final stages of the F66.com German Masters this week.

Last season saw snooker legend White at a low ebb as he won just one match in 11 ranking events. But the 2016/17 campaign has seen a dramatic improvement for the 54-year-old as he has won 11 out of 21 matches and given himself hope of keeping his place on the professional tour for next season.

The Londoner beat Zhou Yuelong and Joe Perry to reach the last 32 of the German Masters and he’ll face Robin Hull at the iconic Tempodrom arena in Berlin on Wednesday.

White even has an outside chance of getting into the top 32 on this season’s one-year ranking list which would give him a place in next week’s Ladbrokes World Grand Prix in Preston, though to achieve that he would have to go all the way to the £60,000 top prize in Berlin.

Jimmy White“I’m happy with my form and confident that I can keep getting results,” said ten-time ranking event winner White. “When I look back on last year, my game was in bad shape and I was four stone heavier. I have lost a lot of weight and my snooker has come on leaps and bounds since then.

“Last year in Germany, I started working for Eurosport as a pundit. I wasn’t sure at first how I would do, but I have really enjoyed it. It has been great to be involved in tournaments on that side. And this time I’ll be there as a player as well.

“My main goal for the season is to qualify for the final stages of the World Championship in April. I want to keep my tour place of course but as long as I qualify for the Crucible I should achieve that as well.”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/whirlwind-r ... esurgence/

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:I can't see Ronnie not making the final his draw is very kind. King, ford or Ebdon and can't see mags Carter, Allen or Walden beating him. The bottom half is a mine field lots of decent players in form down there

The only 2 players I can see stopping Ronnie from reaching the Final are Mags and Allen, Allen especially.

When they produce inspired performances against Ronnie they have proved in the past they can beat him. Allen wants to get revenge for the last 3 meetings he lost against Ronnie.

But Ronnie should really make the most of this draw.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:I can't see Ronnie not making the final his draw is very kind. King, ford or Ebdon and can't see mags Carter, Allen or Walden beating him. The bottom half is a mine field lots of decent players in form down there

The only 2 players I can see stopping Ronnie from reaching the Final are Mags and Allen, Allen especially.

When they produce inspired performances against Ronnie they have proved in the past they can beat him. Allen wants to get revenge for the last 3 meetings he lost against Ronnie.

But Ronnie should really make the most of this draw.

Got to make Ronnie favourite for either of those matches. Mark Allen just isn't committed enough to his career these days. He used to play well against Ronnie, now he just sits around on Twitter all day.

And, honestly, I don't even remember the last time I even watched Maguire.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Got to make Ronnie favourite for either of those matches. Mark Allen just isn't committed enough to his career these days. He used to play well against Ronnie, now he just sits around on Twitter all day.

And, honestly, I don't even remember the last time I even watched Maguire.

You don't beat Selby (who is in the form of his life) twice in the decider this season if you're not commited enough.

Allens key problem and which has always been his problem until this day is that his best game is considerably weaker than that of most players in the Top 10. The moment, his opponent plays great stuff, Allen looks absolutely helpless out there. Even when Allen himself had played great until that moment.

And it doesn't have to be against the likes of Ronnie or Higgins. Fu,Bingham, Walden, Hawkins can all make him look like that as well.

He has bottle and commitment but that's just not enough.