Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:@ snookerfan

King said after the match that he and Ronnie had plenty of history since they were kids and he called it a rivalry. He said it's not a needle match but still always nice to beat him.

So it's probably fair to say there's no love lost between them.

But imo there's still no reason in making it a bigger thing than it is. This is an one on one sport.You'll always play plently of people in your career you don't like. Ronnie had very intense rivalries with Hendry and Williams in the early 00's. Even when they shook hands you could sense it. Selby and Murphy arent his best friends either.

If those kind of things let affect you, you've definitely chosen the wrong job.

I couldn't agree more with Hendry when he said that he couldn't care less what the other players thought about him. He was not there to make friends but to win, to dominate and to become the best. And he knew that many players disliked him.

"I couldn't agree more with Hendry when he said that he couldn't care less what the other players thought about him. He was not there to make friends but to win, to dominate and to become the best. And he knew that many players disliked him."

TheRocket,exactly!,it was actually Ian Doyle who gave him that advice,i saw him sayin to Stephen on some vid on youtube,he said somewhere along the lines of,"Listen Stephen,you,re not hear to make freinds,you,re hear to win,you,ve gotta stay away from the players,don,t get freindly with them". :-D

Stephen himself actually said,that too,i,m sure i also saw it on some vid on youtube,in which he said along the lines of,"thats one of the reasons i stopped winning,i started to get more n more freindly with the players,certain players".

I and i,m sure most would agree,thats it great to have rivalries,not only in snooker,but in any sport,just like it,s great that sports has diffrent charachters as well as it is havin players who have diffrent playin styles.

Same goes in life in general,as well as here in Snooker Island,i think it,s great that we have a lot o diffrent types of posters.

Imagine eg,if our bloved The Saviour stopped postin,or MDG stopped his funny,negative rants,or if Snookerfan stopped tellin us how many beers he had,or if Wildey and The Rocket/Cloud Strife never argued bout certain things and just had the same opinions,or if PoolBoy/Alex0Paul and Andre did,nt have the odd scuffle,or if Hendry Fan stopped his celebratin when Ronnie loses,or if Dan-Cat did,nt tell us bout his music,womanisin,etc,etc,SI would be 1/2 as intrestin,it,s part n parcel,a bit o needle,banter,fun,humour is needed as well as havin many very knowledgable posters who like to be a bit more serious bout things.

I could mention a few more funny,intrestin charachters who post here,can,t mention em all,but you get the point i,m makin.

I eg,for many years used to give a s**t what others thought bout me,but i then changed and bcame a horrible,mean,vicious,could,nt give a s**t individual. >-( :grrr:

At the end of the day,one can,t please everyone,it would be very boring if everyone would get along with everyone,so you know what,...........

,.....I don,t buckin care!,so up ya all!. :bum: :bird:

But,nah,in all seriousness,i,m not bad person and i do care bout others,what others think bout me,but only the ones who mean somethin to me,i,m sure there are many who don,t like me,but i,m sure that they are many who think i,m an ok geezer,keep your thoughts,opinions to yourselfs on that please. ;-) :-D

Now that Ronnies out,i,m now lookin foward to watchin some matches this week in this German Masters,i,d like Mark King to go on n win it. ;-)

:happy: COMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :happy:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I never said, he wasn't trying. He even played for Snookers, he tried and failed in the end. It was for everyone to see. And whether Ronnie bottled it in the end because of that needle with King or not I couldn't care less. Like I couldn't care less what he exactly thinks about King and vice versa.

I wasn't convinced that there was needle between the pair, to be honest.

I mean obviously, we don't know what has gone on with them off-table, so we can't be sure. But it just seemed that Eurosport overreacted to their toilet break shenanigans pre-decider. Even going as far as to suggest they wouldn't shake hands.

I didn't really sense any needle, or at least not to the point where they all out hate each other. I think it was just Eurosport trying to make a big story out of the fact there was a few minutes wait between frames.

But then, maybe said overreaction was caused by something the Eurosport commentators know that we don't...

Ronnie went out to the toilet or whatever just as Ronnie was coming in King decided to go out so Ronnie went out again and king came back sat in his chair waiting for Ronnie.

Never ever seen anything like that before.

its obvious theres needle between them.

Postby OoNebsoO

mick745 wrote:Just watched back the last bit of Ford's maximum and seen that bloke in the front row deliberately clap his hands loudly just as Tom's cueing the final black. What a complete....!!

I don't think there was anything malicious about that, seems he wanted to be *first* to clap, maybe wanted to time it perfectly, but was a bit premature.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dale. :sad:

The Spaceman = the closest thing SF has to a favourite player :)

Seen him play live a couple of times too. (To the surprise of nobody.)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I love this 'recreate ronnie's best shots' muck about in the intervals. Lolz. Ronnie lends Jimmy his cue to have a go 'don't muck the tip up'

I like that version they did at The Masters, where Jimmy had to demonstrate how to properly play shots that one of the players had missed in the match they were just watching. He had pretty much a 100% miss rate. I don't think he actually demonstrated how to do any of the shots properly.

"You see, this should be easy with a bit of side....." Jimmy misses the shot by a wider margin than the player that they were discussing.