Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Wonder what that show involves? Do they just stand on stage or do they dance?

Sounds like that poster has got you very interested. :gag:

Postby TheRocket

Last year at this point the standard of most of the topplayers was a lot higher. Paradoxically the majority of those topplayers failed very quickly in the World Championship though. Hope, this time it will be different and they'll all peak for the World Championship.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Taxi. For Robbo.

I keep thinking he's going to turn up and then he goes and looses to Ben Woolaston, who's not had a great season either. <doh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Taxi. For Robbo.

I keep thinking he's going to turn up and then he goes and looses to Ben Woolaston, who's not had a great season either. <doh>

I'm trying to grasp his sudden loss of form this last few seasons, but I just can't find a plausible reason.
He's not that old and he doesn't seem like the type of player that takes practice lightly.

A few years ago, I though he'd be the one to take over from Ronnie and dominate the snooker scene.
He has all the right attributes, he's a great potter and break-builder, he has a very good tactical and safety play, and most importantly, he has the right temperament.
His only fault is the fact that he's not a great entertainer atm. I definitely liked him more when he started his career and he used to go for more shots.

He's just 1 year older than Selby and I feel that at his peak he's much better, yet Selby has managed to win more big events than him. The only plausible explanation for this is the fact that Selby is much more ambitious and determined, I can't find any other reasons.

I mean, if you break down their game into parts, you can clearly see that:
- they are pretty even in safety and tactical play, even though Selby has a slight edge;
- they are pretty even in the break-building department, with a slight edge in Robbo's favor. After all, he was the first player to make 100 tons in a single season. Granted, he went to almost every event and there are many more these days, but then again, so did Selby.
- Robbo is a much better long-potter. In fact, I consider him among the best ever in this department, along with the likes of Williams, Trump, maybe even peak Jimmy, Hendry.

What do you guys think ?

Postby eraserhead

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm trying to grasp his sudden loss of form this last few seasons, but I just can't find a plausible reason.
He's not that old and he doesn't seem like the type of player that takes practice lightly.

A few years ago, I though he'd be the one to take over from Ronnie and dominate the snooker scene.
He has all the right attributes, he's a great potter and break-builder, he has a very good tactical and safety play, and most importantly, he has the right temperament.
His only fault is the fact that he's not a great entertainer atm. I definitely liked him more when he started his career and he used to go for more shots.

He's just 1 year older than Selby and I feel that at his peak he's much better, yet Selby has managed to win more big events than him. The only plausible explanation for this is the fact that Selby is much more ambitious and determined, I can't find any other reasons.

I mean, if you break down their game into parts, you can clearly see that:
- they are pretty even in safety and tactical play, even though Selby has a slight edge;
- they are pretty even in the break-building department, with a slight edge in Robbo's favor. After all, he was the first player to make 100 tons in a single season. Granted, he went to almost every event and there are many more these days, but then again, so did Selby.
- Robbo is a much better long-potter. In fact, I consider him among the best ever in this department, along with the likes of Williams, Trump, maybe even peak Jimmy, Hendry.

What do you guys think ?

Couple of painful loses while looking like the best? beat by Hawkins at the crucible playing some great stuff beat by Judd at the Masters (in a very high quality match) after winning the UK and COC, Got beat by Holt in the first round at crucible last year.

I still expect him to come back to form at some point this season he's too good not to but some of the losses and the way he's lost are surprising. That implosion against Joe Perry being the highlight.

I don't think it's important to judge a players current form because anything can happen just look at Ronnie in the Welsh last year, that came out of nowhere after a shaky opening match.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:saw some tweets from one who attented the PC.

Ronnie smashed his queue on the table. was knackered.

No probs Ronnie, it happens. next week is another tournament.

Didn't expect a comment like that from you. I guess this day is full of surprises!

He must be understood.

Roger Federer has just won the Australian Open against Rafael Nadal in a 5-set match.

Of the blow it relativizes on the counter performance of Ronnie.

I am a little like him. I am still in shock by the victory of the Swiss (I have difficulty to recover myself I am so happy) so suddenly we are more relaxed and a little less disappointed with the defeat of Ronnie.

But I know that as soon as the Welsh Open I will be concentrated again on the snooker and on the performances of Ronnie hoping of course that he plays better than that because I saw the decider and it was not superb.

Postby hendry_fan

Flippin eck!,Robbo loses yet again,canny even get past the 1st round. :dizzy:

He,s probably spendin too much time on his computer,with his WOW figures,playing computer games,watchin football.

I canny think of other reasons to his inconsistency. :chin: :roll:

MJW,also canny get past the 1st round,gets arrowed down by the Sherrif of Pottingham.

Selby makes sure he gets his job done though in thumping the young thai Un-Nooh.

Pretty impressive stuff from him today,not only did he win 5-0,he knocked in five 50+ breaks,one o them bein exactly *100*. :clap:

Marco Fu,back to his usual,he can rarely string a good few consecutive wins together.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Hahahah HF. It's true it's a colourful place alright.

I'd like to see King do well too. His play from 4-1 down was brilliant. Some cracking long pots. He's a gnarly player for sure.

ps. Both my girlfriends are extremely happy :P

Great to hear D-C!.

Are both o your girlfreinds "extremely happy" cause Ronnie lost?,or are they "extremely happy" in general?. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:"When i got up this morning,i checked the scores and jumped for joy,it did,nt half wake me up,if King had o lost,i certainly would,nt of bovered to watch it. :-D "

Never change, hendry_fan, never change.

Well thankyou MDG. :-)

I guess you do the same when Higgins loses. ;-) <laugh>