Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Hamilton beat Hawkins.

Love it!!

His mum and dad are there for the week. :)

I'd really like to see him winning it. I think, he's a very good breakbuilder and scorer. And a good chap as well.

Postby Wildey

unbelievable average age of the semi final is 39.5with Gould at 35 the youngest.

sad state of affairs it has to be said

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:unbelievable average age of the semi final is 39.5with Gould at 35 the youngest.

sad state of affairs it has to be said

times have unfortunately changed. its not a young mans game anymore and hasnt been for a while. Even journeymen who didn't do anything in the early 00's (when they should have been in their primes) suddenly reaching quarters and semis.

Or even winning a tournament like King has done.

Postby Andre147

No new talents coming thorugh I'm afraid, even the likes of Bingtao who reached the Quarters here will take time to develop a good enough game to win a title.

It's at an all time low there's no doubt, but at the same time its not the older players fault.

I also hope Hamilton wins the title like King did, he's one hell of a breakbuilder.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:No new talents coming thorugh I'm afraid, even the likes of Bingtao who reached the Quarters here will take time to develop a good enough game to win a title.

It's at an all time low there's no doubt, but at the same time its not the older players fault.

I also hope Hamilton wins the title like King did, he's one hell of a breakbuilder.

absolutely they just win matches and make a living.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:No new talents coming thorugh I'm afraid, even the likes of Bingtao who reached the Quarters here will take time to develop a good enough game to win a title.

absolutely they just win matches and make a living.

Interesting...

Postby TheSaviour

Wow that was some snooker escape from the Sheriff of Pottingham. Some steely stuff. But he was destined to win that match anyway.. He still managed to caught me. That was a match winning shot. A very rarely we can see such a shots to win a match. Now if he only could beat Barry Hawkins. Highly doubt it but certainly hoping it would be the case. I highly doubted Selby could beat him Anthony, and today it works vice versa. That´s how it works having a bogeymens and a different styles of play. Regardless what rankings or the betting odds might say. The bookies also knows that. They are just kind of mixing it out.. And they have an every right to do so.

Postby hendry_fan

Did,nt see any of yesterday evening matches,but verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to The Sheriff of Pottingham. :clap:

I just checked the scores and saw that in spite of that Hawkins knocked in six 50+ breaks to Hamiltons only two 50+ers,he lost the match,just shows you once again that BIG breaks isn,t everything,many keep forgettin that even a 100+,even a *147* only wins you 1 frame.

Hawkins will be gutted.once again he loses a decider,until the decider,he was in front the whole of the match.

Pity the 16 year young chinese star lost to Bingo,Gilbert should o already sent Bingo packin,but he did,nt. :-(