Post a reply

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 64 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen‏ @pistol147
Without doubt the worst table conditions I've ever played in as a professional. Felt for Adam but a wins a win. Happy to have qualified

Postby Lou147

Kyren Wilson looks to be badly out of form, great chance for Ricky to capitalise and get himself back in the top 16 in Scotland next week

Postby eraserhead

Lou147 wrote:Kyren Wilson looks to be badly out of form, great chance for Ricky to capitalise and get himself back in the top 16 in Scotland next week

At least he's making his masters debut, when Michael White got in to top 16 he missed the Masters and had to qualify for the world's that year. :roll:

Smurph out, hopefully we see more of theses Chinese youngsters rather than them fading away. What a win for Jimmy as well!

Three deciders going on...

Postby Wildey

Nobody spends more time on a snooker table than Anthony Hamilton.

Even a Ebdon match has gone to a decider and finished while Anthony on the 6th frame

Postby Cheshire Cat

Forza_Bajen wrote:Some of the better players look like they almost not want to qualify and not doing their best. Letting bad players go in front and leaves easy balls. Am i wrong or why is this happening in these qualifiers and some smaller tournaments?

In the end often the better player almost looks like he must win when the bad player is too bad.

It's no secret that the top ranked players live for the big occasions. If they're going to he vulnerable, it'll be qualifiers and early rounds where the atmosphere is poor and motivation isn't as high.

You could argue that as professionals they should take each and every match seriously, and I'm sure most of them do, but it's pretty clear that qualifying doesn't get the adrenaline going. It's a chore, just getting the job done, at best.

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Forza_Bajen wrote:Some of the better players look like they almost not want to qualify and not doing their best. Letting bad players go in front and leaves easy balls. Am i wrong or why is this happening in these qualifiers and some smaller tournaments?

In the end often the better player almost looks like he must win when the bad player is too bad.

It's no secret that the top ranked players live for the big occasions. If they're going to he vulnerable, it'll be qualifiers and early rounds where the atmosphere is poor and motivation isn't as high.

You could argue that as professionals they should take each and every match seriously, and I'm sure most of them do, but it's pretty clear that qualifying doesn't get the adrenaline going. It's a chore, just getting the job done, at best.

Getting the job done is what its all about in qualifying doesent matter how you play

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Getting the job done is what its all about in qualifying doesent matter how you play

They shouldn't have to play in qualifiers in the first place. I'm sick of these flat 128 draws for every tournament, tbh. I can't remember the last ranker that didnt feel like a PTC.

Postby TheRocket

I think its fair to say Trump has been running out of gas these last weeks. Looked to be the best player in early/mid October and I thought this season could be the one when he finally wins the World title. Its still possible obviously but doesnt look likely atm.

Same with Higgins who played like in his best days in the China Championship and the COC. Atm its looking like the Higgins in decline is back.

Just proves how quickly things can change. Selby has been the best player overall you have to say in this season until now but imo he's playing at the top of his capabilities atm which means, it cant really get any better for him. His level can only drop in the second half of the season or towards the end of the season like it is with Trump or Higgins atm.

You heard it here first. O'Sullivan or Robertson to win the World Championship.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

They shouldn't have to play in qualifiers in the first place. I'm sick of these flat 128 draws for every tournament, tbh. I can't remember the last ranker that didnt feel like a PTC.

i do agree there should be a variety.

but i do remember when fans was sick and tired of tiered qualifying as well and felt it wasent fair

My personal view is with rolling rankings a tiered system would be fair but when rankings changed once a year it wasent.

But Kudos to Selby qualified without losing a frame just 5 days after winning the UK.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:I think its fair to say Trump has been running out of gas these last weeks. Looked to be the best player in early/mid October and I thought this season could be the one when he finally wins the World title. Its still possible obviously but doesnt look likely atm.

Same with Higgins who played like in his best days in the China Championship and the COC. Atm its looking like the Higgins in decline is back.

Just proves how quickly things can change. Selby has been the best player overall you have to say in this season until now but imo he's playing at the top of his capabilities atm which means, it cant really get any better for him. His level can only drop in the second half of the season or towards the end of the season like it is with Trump or Higgins atm.

You heard it here first. O'Sullivan or Robertson to win the World Championship.

Every player goes through Good and Bad form however lets not forget Selby won the WC nowhere near his best so when talking about winning the big events Selby doesent need to be in top form to manage it

Postby TheRocket

Agreed. He's that type of player who can still win tournaments when not playing at his best but lets not forget that last years WC was an unusual one with the Top 10 all losing so early. Not playing against a Top 10 opponent obviously helps when you dont play at your best.

But thats all theory anyway. Its hard to see him keeping or going with this (current) type of form into the World Championship. But if he does, he should be the topfavourite to lift the trophy again. And someone would need to play at his very best to beat him over that distance.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Agreed. He's that type of player who can still win tournaments when not playing at his best but lets not forget that last years WC was an unusual one with the Top 10 all losing so early. Not playing against a Top 10 opponent obviously helps when you dont play at your best.

But thats all theory anyway. Its hard to see him keeping or going with this (current) type of form into the World Championship. But if he does, he should be the topfavourite to lift the trophy again. And someone would need to play at his very best to beat him over that distance.

i think at the moment theres only 3 players playing to a high enough standard to be one of the faves Ronnie, Selby and Higgins but theres a long way to go before then.

Postby TheRocket

Agreed. Just wanna add though that Trump or Robertson hitting topform is more likely than a Higgins win imo.
Higgins hasn't produced in the World Championship since 2011. When he last won the world title.

But yeah. Who knows what's gonna happen. The World Championship always has his own laws. Last year at this time we're were talking about who'll stop Robertson and in the end he lost to Michael Holt in the first round of the World lol.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Agreed. Just wanna add though that Trump or Robertson hitting topform is more likely than a Higgins win imo.
Higgins hasn't produced in the World Championship since 2011. When he last won the world title.

But yeah. Who knows what's gonna happen. The World Championship always has his own laws. Last year at this time we're were talking about who'll stop Robertson and in the end he lost to Michael Holt in the first round of the World lol.

Agree Higgins iis more suited to Invitationals his stamina over long events is questionable.

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw (continues 1st of Februart 2017)

Martin Gould v Jamie Jones
John Astley v Ricky Walden
Ryan Day v Mark Allen
Robin Hull v Jimmy White
Tom Ford v Peter Ebdon
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King
Stephen Maguire v Allister Carter
Akani Songsermsawad v Zhao Xintong
----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Zhang Yong
Marco Fu v David Gilbert
Michael Holt v Stuart Carrington
Dominic Dale v Yan Bingtao
Neil Robertson v Ben Woollaston
Barry Hawkins v Michael White
Anthony Hamilton v Mark J Williams
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Mark Selby

Postby eraserhead

If Higgins hadn't lost to McManus it could have been a very different Worlds, but Ding has a great record against Higgins so it might have been entirely the same. Still that was a very surprising loss.

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 128 !!!!!

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:He just might be the only Scottish representative in Germany. Higgins lost 1-5! Maguire is still holding, but losing 2-3.

Aye,i just happened to see Zhao pot the last few balls. >-(

<laugh>

Very well done to the Chinese Youngster. <ok>

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry pooooooooooooooooooooooor from the Scots,as far as the German Masters is concerned. :td:

Jeeeeeez!,at this rate,i might even have to bl**dy root for Ronnie,if Selby and Robbo also get kicked out early! :dizzy: <laugh>

Ah well,at least Johns in the Scottish Open!,

Watching the Zhao higgins match now.don't know what was up with John but I think heis enjoying watching the lad!

Postby Gridlock

Wildey wrote:Last 32 Draw (continues 1st of Februart 2017)

Martin Gould v Jamie Jones
John Astley v Ricky Walden
Ryan Day v Mark Allen
Robin Hull v Jimmy White
Tom Ford v Peter Ebdon
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King
Stephen Maguire v Allister Carter
Akani Songsermsawad v Zhao Xintong
----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Zhang Yong
Marco Fu v David Gilbert
Michael Holt v Stuart Carrington
Dominic Dale v Yan Bingtao
Neil Robertson v Ben Woollaston
Barry Hawkins v Michael White
Anthony Hamilton v Mark J Williams
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Mark Selby

Teppy v Selby....if I were a betting man...

Postby Andre147

I also think Robbo is saving his best form for the latter part of the season. Things can change so quickly these days,.. one bad result and bang! could knock your confidence for a while.

Selby has been the most consistent, but so as Ronnie, without even winning a title yet.

Worlds is such a diferent tournament to the rest though, that in theory a player could lose aevery first round match and come to the Worlds and win it. Of course this is exaggerating things, but this is how diferent this tournament is.

Didn't Joe Johnson have an horrendus season as World Champion, and came to the Worlds and reached the Final? or even the year he won it, he didn't have a great season I think.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I also think Robbo is saving his best form for the latter part of the season. Things can change so quickly these days,.. one bad result and bang! could knock your confidence for a while.

Selby has been the most consistent, but so as Ronnie, without even winning a title yet.

Worlds is such a diferent tournament to the rest though, that in theory a player could lose aevery first round match and come to the Worlds and win it. Of course this is exaggerating things, but this is how diferent this tournament is.

Didn't Joe Johnson have an horrendus season as World Champion, and came to the Worlds and reached the Final? or even the year he won it, he didn't have a great season I think.

Andre guarantees a Robertson Crucible win. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I also think Robbo is saving his best form for the latter part of the season. Things can change so quickly these days,.. one bad result and bang! could knock your confidence for a while.

it doesent Work like that you cant save form its either there or its not you have to make hay while the sun shines because come the WC Robbo could be nil of confidence and play someone that's in better form than him.

Selby has won 2 big ranking events early season that relieves the pressure for the rest of the season

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I see well robbo make a very good second part of the season. He is not finished he can not drop at a stroke like that. He is too good.

For the world championships it is too early yet.
There is the masters the german masters, the open welsh, the world grand prix. Things can happen in between.

At present it is evident that Selby is the favorite at the Crucible. After I do not see Higgins being a candidate for the title. The worlds are too long for him, he will not hold on the distance. Besides, one sees he does not manage to be constant apart from its month of November.

After that there is the case Ronnie: and there is big danger for everyone, the guy is capable of everything.
I see him win the worlds. a feeling .

But I also have the presumption that Robertson will be really strong at the end of the season.

I always mistrust players who are buried a bit too fast.
And he could very well find his best level for the Crucible.

I will see a final Ronnie / Robbo.

My favorites for the supreme title would be: selby, ronnie, ding and robertson