Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'm enjoying it! Was feeling a little bad for Joe though.

There's no reason why Barry couldn't beat Ronnie tomorrow. On current form, he's one of the few players i'd give any chance to of taking the fight to Ronnie. Last year was just an unfortunate blip. Like Hendry said, those things happen.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:I'm enjoying it! Was feeling a little bad for Joe though.

There's no reason why Barry couldn't beat Ronnie tomorrow. On current form, he's one of the few players i'd give any chance to of taking the fight to Ronnie. Last year was just an unfortunate blip. Like Hendry said, those things happen.

Maybe who knows... ii happened with Robbo too and nobody in the world would have predicted that outcome.

Postby TheRocket

Unless Beast-mode Hawkins appears tomorrow, I can't see Ronnie losing this. But if Beast-mode Hawkins really appears, Ronnie has to enter god-mode. Like the world final 2013. Otherwise Hawkins could be a huge threat.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Unless Beast-mode Hawkins appears tomorrow, I can't see Ronnie losing this. But if Beast-mode Hawkins really appears, Ronnie has to enter god-mode. Like the world final 2013. Otherwise Hawkins could be a huge threat.

Goodness me, just imagine Hawkins beating Ronnie 10-9 tomorrow :roll:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hawkins can definitely do it. The pressure is going to be on Ronnie to sort out his terrible finals record this season, he's had a lot of disappointments.

Hopefully Joe finds a little bit of inspiration in the future. Hawkins almost quit the game in 2014/2015 because of depression, and not being able to get over that loss to Nigel Bond. Now look at him, back and playing great stuff.

Postby eraserhead

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hawkins can definitely do it. The pressure is going to be on Ronnie to sort out his terrible finals record this season, he's had a lot of disappointments.

Hopefully Joe finds a little bit of inspiration in the future. Hawkins almost quit the game in 2014/2015 because of depression, and not being able to get over that loss to Nigel Bond. Now look at him, back and playing great stuff.

Thought Barry was a threat to Ronnie last year he'll have the crowd against him and he blew a big lead against Mark King in a final and I'm pretty sure miscued in the decider. Not sure what to expect if he now get's to the final.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Unless Beast-mode Hawkins appears tomorrow, I can't see Ronnie losing this. But if Beast-mode Hawkins really appears, Ronnie has to enter god-mode. Like the world final 2013. Otherwise Hawkins could be a huge threat.

I reckon only a player of Ronnie's calibre could have stopped him then, and he duly did.

If Hawkins play like that again tomorrow, Ron is in for a tough one...

But he's not won this one just yet... Perry suddenly back from the dead.