Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Perry might get hammered by Ronnie, or he could just play his free care approach and who knows...

Perry played some of his best Snooker in that 2014 WC Last 16 match that he only lost 13-11...

Stranger results have happened, but Ronnie should definately win it.

RIght now, many many many congratulations Joe Perry!

After needing a snooker in that 8th frame, you turned things around.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Pink Ball wrote:Perry's a nice fella and while he's not the most gifted member of the top 16, he's no bottler. His record against Sullivan is poor, but I fancy him to give Ronnie a good match.

I don't believe in God, but i'm praying to him tonight for this to be the case. I don't want tomorrow to be a procession.

Postby mick745

Reminded of the 2004 UK semi-final which had been Perry's biggest choke. Versus David Gray. Perry was 8-7 and potted match ball red, and then colour but snookered himself on the final red. Gray eventually got the snooker and made it 8-8 before a hugely impressive total clearance of 139 in decider. Gray went onto lose 10-1 to Maguire in the final. I fear the same one-sided final tomorrow. Perry has had his final and it can be difficult to crank up the necessary motivation again. Hope he makes a decent fist of it though. Well played Joe!

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Perry's a nice fella and while he's not the most gifted member of the top 16, he's no bottler. His record against Sullivan is poor, but I fancy him to give Ronnie a good match.

I don't believe in God, but i'm praying to him tonight for this to be the case. I don't want tomorrow to be a procession.

To be fair a procession can happen even with the top players... Just look at the 2015 Masters Final....

But I agree Hawkins could have had a better chanmce of giving him a good game unlike last year.

We just never know... if it's a procession for Ronnie, at least I hope he plays God Snooker and not like Perry totally folded.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:Perry might get hammered by Ronnie, or he could just play his free care approach and who knows...

Perry played some of his best Snooker in that 2014 WC Last 16 match that he only lost 13-11...

Stranger results have happened, but Ronnie should definately win it.

RIght now, many many many congratulations Joe Perry!

After needing a snooker in that 8th frame, you turned things around.

Remember Mark King in NI? Maybe some things are destined to happen. Perry had struggles before this tournament. And now he is in the final. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.