Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins

Postby PLtheRef

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Perry might get hammered by Ronnie, or he could just play his free care approach and who knows...

Perry played some of his best Snooker in that 2014 WC Last 16 match that he only lost 13-11...

Stranger results have happened, but Ronnie should definately win it.

RIght now, many many many congratulations Joe Perry!

After needing a snooker in that 8th frame, you turned things around.

Remember Mark King in NI? Maybe some things are destined to happen. Perry had struggles before this tournament. And now he is in the final. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Both definitely worth bearing in mind. For quite a while throughout the 2014 World Championship match it looked like Perry might go on and win it only to run out of steam towards the end (in a similar way to Andy Hicks in 2004). He has nothing to lose and has examples of how to beat Ronnie when he starts favourite to look at - none however in the back yard

How will he do tomorrow? He's had a great week - as his results have shown but it might be one step too far. If it goes close, or he gets win sight of victory, he may get a little bit nervous. (Not sure why given he's not been frightened of the line in any of his matches so far, gut feeling maybe)

Postby hendry_fan

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I still can,t believe whats happened. :dizzy: :dizzy:

I only watched bits n pieces of the match,when The Hawk went 5-2 up,i switched over as i thought,the match is over,even bfore the match started,i really thought that Hawkins would win.

A bit later,i switched back and i saw the latter part of the 8th frame in which Hawkins failed to escape from the snooker,it was funny just bfore Hawkins attepmted to escape from it,JV stated that it,s easier to get out of a snooker when it,s a 1 cushion escape,than it is havin to play it off 2 or 3 cushions and that the top players rarely fail to miss it when only havin to come off the 1 cushion,which is very logical tbf.. :dizzy: <laugh>

And what happens,Hawkins goes and ends up failin to hit it. :shock:

It really was an easy snooker to get out of,especially for a pro,for someone of Hawkins ability,it was such an easy 1 cushion escape,he really should never of missed gettin out it,he,d probably get out of it 98/100,if not 99 times out of 100. :-)

I then watched the frame to the end,then i switched it over again as i still thought that Hawkins would get over the line at some point.

Over an good hour later,a freind of mine wrote me a message in whatsapp sayin,"Perrys making it exciting".

I then switched back over and saw it was 5-5!. :dizzy:

I then watched the decider.

As most probably thought,i also thought if Perry does get a chance,or chances,that he would choke,bottle them,correct me if i,m wrong,but he indeed did choke,bottle,i think he had 3 chances,the first 2 he indeed bottled em,but thanx to Hawkins also bottlin chances,Joe managed to get over the line on the 3rd chance he got.

WHAT A BROWN HE POTTED!.

As soon as i saw the pos he was on the brown,i thought,buckin ell!,what a horrible,difficult pot he,s left himself with,even if he had been 3,-0.4-1 up whatever,tryin to pot that would o been verrrrry difficult,but it was in a decider at the MASTERS + he still needed the blue,those shots,or similar types of shots,i,ve seen missed many a time by different pros,its a shot that they miss way more than they,d pot it,so all that made if even more special,that he ended up pottin it.

VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY WELL DONE TO JOE!,one of the best comebacks we,ve seen,especially in a best of 11!. <ok> :clap:

Hawkins,well,what can one say,he will be absolutely DEVASTATED and in SHOCK!.

He well n truly chocked n bottled it. :dizzy:

Postby TheSaviour

Hawks just silighly overcooked it. It was a straight from the book. Joe did it!! I don´t know if anyone is getting letters from the Worldsnooker which starts; "We are terribly sorry but at the moment we can´t define you as a human". rofl rofl rofl Oh, I really need to take the positivies out of this. instincts says that Joe is mentally a much tougher player. So I take this as a compliment. What is region is this?? Snookerisland?? :hmmm: :hmmm:

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Hawks just silighly overcooked it. It was a straight from the book. Joe did it!! I don´t know if anyone is getting letters from the Worldsnooker which starts; "We are terribly sorry but at the moment we can´t define you as a human.

No, but they have a point about you. :?

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:I don´t know if anyone is getting letters from the Worldsnooker which starts; "We are terribly sorry but at the moment we can´t define you as a human"

That's shocking, that is.

It'd be more surprising if they thought he was human.