Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:If Ronnie can win the Masters with a new cue, surely be can win it with a new tip.

But surely it won't help his cause to do it in the middle of the bucking match <doh>

I said in the beggining and I say again: Fu hammering Ron today won't surprise me, especially after this rubbish...

Consequently, how will Fu react? Big match, just gone ahead, he's been pulled off early. Now he's sat around doing nothing, not sure how long he's got to wait....

Will it hurt your concentration?

Postby snucar

Cloud Strife wrote:Im surprised they're letting a player have an early interval just because he's having cue problems.

Well said. I think this situation is out of line. If a player has an issue with his cue, he should always have a back up shaft to use. This is clearly affecting the match's natural way of evolving and the only one who clearly doesn't gain an advantage is Fu.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Oh, it's this handwriting rubbish again.

Someone did a handwriting analysis on me before and concluded I'm a runt.

So these analyses do work then. That's good to know.

Yeah I just drew dicks all over the page

Postby Big-butt

snucar wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Im surprised they're letting a player have an early interval just because he's having cue problems.

Well said. I think this situation is out of line. If a player has an issue with his cue, he should always have a back up shaft to use. This is clearly affecting the match's natural way of evolving and the only one who clearly doesn't gain an advantage is Fu.

Correct. Bad sportsmanship. He was up wanting to leave the arena before Fu had hit the black.

Poor stuff.

Shows his true colours.

Postby Iranu

snucar wrote:

I thought it was in the rules that you get around 15 minutes to re-tip your cue if it splits/comes off?

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
snucar wrote:

I thought it was in the rules that you get around 15 minutes to re-tip your cue if it splits/comes off?

Yeah, they allowed Fu time when his tip fell off at the Crucible.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Question is did Ronnie's tip fall off/split or was he just not happy with it and wanted a change? Two different things, IMO.

Well the BBC said it was split and I'm sure they wouldn't take the interval early unless that was clearly the case?

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:

I don't think it's out of line, as long as the rule is consistent and they'd do it for anyone.