Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final Marco Fu v Mark Allen

Postby Andre147

Fu has also won 16 of his last 17 matches... Ronnie the only player who stopped him.

Needs to do the same on Saturday afternoon.

Right now, very well played Marco!

Postby TheRocket

Fu is in the form of his life. He played worse in the UK and still almost beat Ronnie. Hard to see Ronnie winning the match if he plays like he did against Wenbo and Robertson. On the other hand I'm not so sure whether Fu has the mental strength to play like this against Ronnie as well. It's a totally different task and he hasn't beaten him since 2009.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Fu is in the form of his life. He played worse in the UK and still almost beat Ronnie. Hard to see Ronnie winning the match if he plays like he did against Wenbo and Robertson. On the other hand I'm not so sure whether Fu has the mental strength to play like this against Ronnie as well. It's a totally different task and he hasn't beaten him since 2009.

Ronnie could also have one of those days when he pots everything and plays out of his skin.

On current form Fu is the favourite by a huge margin, but it doesn't work like that in Snooker, you have to show it on the table.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Fu is in the form of his life. He played worse in the UK and still almost beat Ronnie. Hard to see Ronnie winning the match if he plays like he did against Wenbo and Robertson. On the other hand I'm not so sure whether Fu has the mental strength to play like this against Ronnie as well. It's a totally different task and he hasn't beaten him since 2009.

Ronnie could also have one of those days when he pots everything and plays out of his skin.

On current form Fu is the favourite by a huge margin, but it doesn't work like that in Snooker, you have to show it on the table.

Absolutely.

Postby PLtheRef

sas6789 wrote:Cannot see Fu playing like that against O'Sullivan somehow.

Why not? He played very well in the UK Championship Semi-Final and has certainly been by far the stand out player since.

Ronnie will no doubt start favourite because its his home crowd, but Fu playing well can no doubt turn him over.

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I can never understand the mindset of people who throw their nose up at a person's opinion just because they can't play the game. Very snooty.

It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming Dennis Taylor's opinion on snooker matters more than Clive Everton's just because he was a better player.

There was a poster here, think it was Cannonball, who kept saying anyone who doesn't play to a half decent standard knows nothing of the game rofl <doh>

It's also like saying anyone who didn't live during WW2 knows nothing about the Holocaust and that sort of thing...

Wasn't Cannonball, it was me and for the record the statement was related to making rule changes and how that should be left to players, not armchair fans.

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I can never understand the mindset of people who throw their nose up at a person's opinion just because they can't play the game. Very snooty.

It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming Dennis Taylor's opinion on snooker matters more than Clive Everton's just because he was a better player.

There was a poster here, think it was Cannonball, who kept saying anyone who doesn't play to a half decent standard knows nothing of the game rofl <doh>

It's also like saying anyone who didn't live during WW2 knows nothing about the Holocaust and that sort of thing...

Wasn't Cannonball, it was me and for the record the statement was related to making rule changes and how that should be left to players, not armchair fans.

Rule changes are one thing, what I'm talking about is diferent.

It was indeed Cannonball, I don't know about what you said but Cannon kept saying what I described there. He was banned for good though :wave:

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It was indeed Cannonball, I don't know about what you said but Cannon kept saying what I described there. He was banned for good though :wave:

Yeah, I hate that elitism and I'm someone who's hit a 145!

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah, I hate that elitism and I'm someone who's hit a 145!

You snob!