Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Home at last
Just in time to jinx Hawkins :-(

I was stuck on the Victoria Line for bucking ages.

I had an excellent journey and had my tea ready and waiting for me at the other end. Mums are great :-) :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Good from Hawkins there. The frame win is always more important than the maximum.

No way. The match win is usually more important, not the frame. And sometimes even the match isn't more important. I'd rather have a 147 at the Crucible and loose in the first round, than reach the quarters or semis and loose there without a maxi. I'd make history for a maxi at the Crucible, plus I'd earn more money.

In this particular case, Hawk already had a 2-0 lead, he could afford to go for it. I'm willing to bet players like Ronnie, Hendry, Jimmy, Trump would have went for it. And this is one of the reasons they have millions of fans and Hawk has close to none.

And I'll use this occasion to reply to Wildey too: the way you win is just as important, if not more important than just the victory itself. This is the reason most Ronnie fans dislike Selby and at the same time, respect Hendry, even though he's Ronnie's main rival when it comes to the GOAT debate.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote: the way you win is just as important, if not more important than just the victory itself. This is the reason most Ronnie fans dislike Selby and at the same time, respect Hendry, even though he's Ronnie's main rival when it comes to the GOAT debate.

Cobblers.

If you lost The Crucible final, you telling me the fact that you were entertaining is more important?

As if.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Home at last
Just in time to jinx Hawkins :-(

I was stuck on the Victoria Line for bucking ages.

I avoid the Victoria Line like the plague.

Being that I had to get to Victoria to get a train home... rofl

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Looks like Beast Hawkins is back. He can beat anyone with that kind of form. Unfortunately it usually doesn't last long, I hope, it'll last for one more match though.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I wouldn't even mind a Ronnie v Hawkins Final like last year. Hawkins beat Ronnie 13-12 playing his Beast mode at the Crucible, a Final between the 2 of them here would certainly be closer than last year. Maybe 10-2 Ron :-D

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Looks like Beast Hawkins is back. He can beat anyone with that kind of form. Unfortunately it usually doesn't last long, I hope, it'll last for one more match though.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I wouldn't even mind a Ronnie v Hawkins Final like last year. Hawkins beat Ronnie 13-12 playing his Beast mode at the Crucible, a Final between the 2 of them here would certainly be closer than last year. Maybe 10-2 Ron :-D

If recent patterns continue this year's final will finish 10-0.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hawkins could make six 147s, win 6-0 and the likes of Foulds would still call it 'quality match play snooker'.

It's been clinical from Barry tonight, 'match play' makes it sound more like he's dug deep and ground out a result.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hawkins could make six 147s, win 6-0 and the likes of Foulds would still call it 'quality match play snooker'.

It's been clinical from Barry tonight, 'match play' makes it sound more like he's dug deep and ground out a result.

He did that the other day. Somebody made a long pot, and he called it a match play shot.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hawkins could make six 147s, win 6-0 and the likes of Foulds would still call it 'quality match play snooker'.

Barry certainly hasn't played any match play sort of play here. He's played great stuff full stop. Murphy though can't buy a pot atm,

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Why aren't you allowed to roll up behind a free ball?

Fun fact: you are allowed to roll behind a free ball if only pink and black remain on the table. In this case, black is the free ball "pink", and you can roll up behind it.