Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Mark Selby v Mark J Williams

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Selbs through. The triple crown is still on!

For the sake of snooker, let's hope not.

ohhh buck off with that crap heard enough of that to last me a life time i feel like banning rubbish so let see how far you can push me.

Postby OoNebsoO

Williams full of praise for Selby.

Two-time Masters winner Williams, 41, said: "You see all the other players, Ding, Trump, Robertson, they are excellent players but they are not in this fella’s league just at the moment. He is miles above them.

“And he could be world No1 in any era, going back 20 or 30 years, or 20 or 30 years from now. He is good enough, and has everything. And he is a lucky ****!

“But seriously Mark is the only one in my opinion of the current top four or five, John excepted because he is still there, that could push to jump into that four you are talking about.

“Out of anyone playing now he is the only one that would have stood a chance of regularly challenging us four at that time. It would still be difficult, but he would have a chance.

“In this match you have to say it was a great break from Mark to win it, however sick I was about the kick.

“He played fantastically well, that’s why he is world No1 and he is a class act on and off the table. You can’t have a better player to represent our sport.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... in-any-era

Postby Pink Ball

Of course he could've. Ebdon and Doherty got world titles in that era and Selby's better than them.

But that's not to say he deserves to be mentioned alongside the big four. I heard someone say revently his game was a natural progression from the big four which is flowery twiddle.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:Selby's career is not over. His title tally may be closer to 'the big four' in retirement.

I can see his tally being close to Mark Williams.

I think it'll be close to Williams too, but with respect Williams was up against Hendry, Sullivan, and Higgins

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Technically, Selby has played Hendry, Higgins and Ronnie too.

The word 'technically' is key.

In Hendry's case, yes.

Higgins and Ronnie were still at or close to the top of their games for a lot of Selby's career so far.