Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Neil Robertson v Allister Carte

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I like that Foulds has said that Robbo hit that wrong.

The BBC would call that a kick.

Foulds is in my top 1 of current commentators. Gravitas, excitement and knowledge.

When him and Clive commentate it's Gold! :hatoff:

Agreed, the dream pairing. I like it when Neal says 'crunch'

He just referred to that drubbing Ronnie gave Robbo in the last 4 at the European open - 6-0 - his form has suffered since then. I was thinking that earlier...

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:PL probably knows the answer to this, but what's the record for tons made in a Masters tournament? We're already on 14 and it's only Tuesday, I think this year it's bound to be broken.

No Idea!

A quick research on Cue Tracker reveals the 2009 Masters had 31 century breaks - although that was a championship with 17 matches rather than 15

For a 16 man field with 15 matches, the record is the 2015 Masters with 28

I asked on twitter for regards the record number of final frame deciders in a Masters tournament, given we're on three from the first five matches.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:This is the best Robbo has looked all season.

He did win the Riga Masters, but even then he didn't play all that well.

I'd say this is some of the best stuff Robbo has played for a year... How things changed for him since winning the CoC and UK.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:This is the best Robbo has looked all season.

He did win the Riga Masters, but even then he didn't play all that well.

I'd say this is some of the best stuff Robbo has played for a year... How things changed for him since winning the CoC and UK.

I think, Robbo will peak at the right time. Whether it will bring him the success will be remained to be seen but I think, he'll play very well in the World Championship. Hope I can say the same with Ronnie as well when we have April.

Postby Andre147

One of the best matches I've watched from Robbo was here against Carter in 2015 Quarters... he finished with a pot sucess of like 97%, his safety was in the 90s% as well. He also demolished Ronnie next round, but then has admited he felt flat for the Final, Murphy destroying him 10-2.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Amazingly enough if it's Robbo v Ronnie, Robbo hasnt managed to win a single frame against him since being 5-2 up at the Welsh Final, so in effect he's lost 13 frames on the bounce.

Yeah, against Robertson Ronnie is favourite. Against Carter, he's s certainty.