Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Judd Trump v Marco Fu

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:147?

Have you ever seen a *147* LIVE?,you,ve been to a good few venues/matches in your time. :-)

I saw Ronnie's in the last frame against Ding at the Welsh Open in 2014. It was my birthday. Ronnie did it for my birthday!!

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Have you ever seen a *147* LIVE?,you,ve been to a good few venues/matches in your time. :-)

I saw Ronnie's in the last frame against Ding at the Welsh Open in 2014. It was my birthday. Ronnie did it for my birthday!!

What a birthday! :pres:

:mosh2:

I,ve never seen one live.

I saw Davises and Thorburns one LIVE watchin it on the telly as of course witnessin many others over the years.

I can fully remember when Cliff got down to adress the difficult yellow,i was sittin there prayin,come on Cliff!,what a mom that was,he struck it so well and landed beautifly on the green.

Kirk Stevens one i also witnessed LIVE. :happy:

I was also lucky enough to see Hendrys famous max that he made in the 1995 semi-final Worlds against Jimmy,that final black,i was like,buckin ell,what a black to have to sink for a *147*. :dizzy:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 17 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:

Yes, I have.

I saw Ding's 147 at The Masters. I was there with a friend, and neither of us had earpieces. It wasn't until Ding got to 120 I noticed he was on it. I whispered to my mate. If you watch that frame on You Tube, it cuts to crowd reaction. There's a fat bloke in a black T-Shirt that leans over and says something to the woman next to him. That's me saying; "We nearly missed that."

Second one I saw was Stephen Henry's at The Crucible vs Bingham. To date that remains the favourite that I've seen. After years of feeling like a idiot for not paying attention to Ding's, I really wanted to see another. And it was Stephen Hendry, at The Crucible. What more can you want?

If your answer to that question was "Ronnie." Well, don't panic. The third I saw was Ronnie's against Ding in the Welsh Open final. If I remember correctly, he did that to take victory. So the last frame ever made at the Newport Centre.

And, just to sound flash, that list I made doesn't count ones I've seen at exhibitions. I saw Ronnie make one vs Jimmy in Croydon. (It was a Sunday night, and I was suffering with bad insomnia at the time. So I watched that, exhausted, and just didn't care. I saw Ronnie make a maximum, and I just wanted to go to bed...). Also, I saw Jimmy make one for Snooker Legends in Red Hill.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Yes, I have.

I saw Ding's 147 at The Masters. I was there with a friend, and neither of us had earpieces. It wasn't until Ding got to 120 I noticed he was on it. I whispered to my mate. If you watch that frame on You Tube, it cuts to crowd reaction. There's a fat bloke in a black T-Shirt that leans over and says something to the woman next to him. That's me saying; "We nearly missed that."

Second one I saw was Stephen Henry's at The Crucible vs Bingham. To date that remains the favourite that I've seen. After years of feeling like a idiot for not paying attention to Ding's, I really wanted to see another. And it was Stephen Hendry, at The Crucible. What more can you want?

If your answer to that question was "Ronnie." Well, don't panic. The third I saw was Ronnie's against Ding in the Welsh Open final. If I remember correctly, he did that to take victory. So the last frame ever made at the Newport Centre.

And, just to sound flash, that list I made doesn't count ones I've seen at exhibitions. I saw Ronnie make one vs Jimmy in Croydon. (It was a Sunday night, and I was suffering with bad insomnia at the time. So I watched that, exhausted, and just didn't care. I saw Ronnie make a maximum, and I just wanted to go to bed...). Also, I saw Jimmy make one for Snooker Legends in Red Hill.

Boy!,you spoilt brat,your a very lucky laddie!. ;-) :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Donald would probably notice Fu looks foreign, and report him as a Muslim.

Meryl Streep said it all about him at the Golden Globes. :spot on:

pmsl

Postby Andre147

Fu's confidence must be shattered...3 reds missed, 3 frames lost.

Not so much the 1st, but the 2nd he was 50+ up, in the 3rd 60+ up and he still couldn't manage to win the frame. Those are the ones that hurt you more when you lose.

Still, he's a fighter, whereas Judd sometimes gets too ambitious when he has big advantages.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Donald would probably notice Fu looks foreign, and report him as a Muslim.

Meryl Streep said it all about him at the Golden Globes. :spot on:

pmsl

Alright. I admit it.

I am Meryl Streep.

Postby hendry_fan

No chance to try n pinch the 4th frame for Judd as Fu,s well over the line.

Very nice *130* from Fu to reduce the deficit. <ok>

3-1 is it goin into the MSI.

Postby Andre147

sundaygirl wrote:Fu keeps the trend going everyone who has played so far has knocked in a century

All 10 players have done it.

:hatoff:

Even Bingo lost 6-1, but knocked highest break of the tournament so far, 132.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I've seen plenty of 147s live as they happened on TV. Ronnie's 5 minuter, Jimmy's, some of Hendry's. Simply because I watch so much snooker.

<laugh>

I,ve also seen a good share of Rons maxis LIVE on the tv. >-(

;-) :-D