Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :John Higgins v Mark Allen

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:

That music is absolutely amazing!!! Jonh Carpenter. Genius. Thank you HF. Might just have to sample that intro :)

Yeah,indeed he is.

The music he composed to the Halloween film is incredible,it has such an intense,horror,suspense,eery sounding touch to it,for me it,s the greatest horror film music ever composed.

On Youtube,there are seperate short tracks like these......

https://youtu.be/L1UHUGAAhxo

https://youtu.be/pYzvZFc8sms

It,s funny,when i was listening to them,i did actually think of you,i thought,hey,that,d be somethin for DJ Dan-cat,he could sample it and add it to one of his sets.dj: :-D

Not only the music is amazing,but the whole Halloween film trilogy are my fav horror films,especially part 1 and 2.

And Micheal Myers is also brilliant,the way he looks,walks,tilts his head,his presence is second to none,snooker could do with him,what a charachter,full of emotion,charisma. :-D

Oh,by the way,i read that John went for 2 long doubles on the respotted black,so i had a look at them,

Silly laddie!,doubles are difficult enough,but trying to pot a lonnnng double,they,re extremely difficult to pot even in practice,never mind at a tourney like the Masters. :dizzy:

Postby Dan-cat

Nice of you to think of me and yes I'm gonna sample it!!!

Yup - those long doubles. He did that at recently at another tournament as well on a respot. There must be some method in his madness. That shot they play now (and have done for years) putting both balls on the side cushion nearly always leaves a double chance. Maybe he figures it doesn't make much difference, the long double, at the right pace, usually goes fairly safe. That long black that Allen potted was not an easy shot after all.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Nice of you to think of me and yes I'm gonna sample it!!!

Yup - those long doubles. He did that at recently at another tournament as well on a respot. There must be some method in his madness. That shot they play now (and have done for years) putting both balls on the side cushion nearly always leaves a double chance. Maybe he figures it doesn't make much difference, the long double, at the right pace, usually goes fairly safe. That long black that Allen potted was not an easy shot after all.

There,s always 2 or more sides to a story,

If one o those long double attempts had o gone in,then he,d of been a hero so to speak and it,d be talked about for a good while,especielly if he ended up winning the match,he might of gone on to win the match,but we,ll never know,as he did,nt pot it.

The chances of leaving it on,well,no one can exactly predict where it would end up,you could try that shot countless of times and if you,re lucky,it,ll go safe or you,ll leave a difficult,a very difficult,easy,a very easy pot on.

It,s obviously his choice,but i,m sure most pros would,nt have gone for one o those long doubles he tried,never mind going for both o them.

Just like form,it really comes down to the day,some days you feel more at ease,confident and good within yourself,so you,ll go for more,other days,youll turn down pots you,d normaly go for 7/8 times outta 10,it all depends how one feels.

Yesterday,he went full blooded to try n sink those long doubles,but it did,nt pay off.

Yes,Allen indeed did have a tough black,but if John had o played safe,Allen would,nt have had the chance to pot it in the first place.

Also,a BIG factor,is where one is in the match,if John was eg 2,3 even more frames in front,then i could understand more that he,d of gone for those 2 doubles,but he was tied a 4 a piece,it was actually a MASSIVE part of the match.

John ultimatley did,nt lose the match just cause he lost that respot,as he had chances throughout the match,even in the decider he had chances,but lets put it this way,him losin that respot certainly did,nt help him.

It,ll be intrestin to see how he plays a respot in the future. :-D