Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :John Higgins v Mark Allen

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Got a ticket to this one.

I can see Highins winning this. He's done well of late. Allen on the other hand is more motivated to moan twitter than care about his career.

Talent wasted on Twiter rather than on the table... Of the 3 TC events though, this one is the one I could see Allen winning it.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Tired.

Slightly enjoyed the beer too much last night.

Still will make it to the Ally Pally today. :D

Enjoy yourself SnookerFan!.

I,ll unfortunatley miss some of the match,as i have a Appointment at the DR,s at 15.15 to see about my swollen,black n blue foot. :-(

Even though Johns won this tourney twice,the last 10 years he <only> got as far as the semis twice,the last seven years,he <only> got as far as the semis once,the last 4 years he <only> got as far as the 1/4s and he,s been kicked out in the very first round 11 times,so this aint his fav tourney by any means. :roll:

It,s gonna be intrestin to see how far he goes in this one.

He,s done brilliant to comeback and show us all some brilliant displays since many,includin me who wrote him off,pity the 2 tourneys that he won last season were,nt ranking ones though,but they,ve definatley given him even more hunger to grab a few.

It,s funny in a way that,himself,Davis n Ron are all tied on the exact same amount of ranking tourney wins,(28),Davis of course can,t add to that.

Hmm,or maybe he could,maybe if John or Ron win there 29th,it might enspire him to get off his BBC butt and to try n make a comeback. :-D

Would also be ironic if John were to go on and win this years Masters but would never be able to win another title as this tourney aint a ranker. :dizzy:

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON JOHN!,another Masters title would be briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllliiiiant,.......

,.......but to add at least 1 more ranker to yur CV,well,that would be the icin on the cake with a BIG fat juicy,yummy cherry on top. :happy:

Postby Dan-cat

I'll wage you 10p that Ronnie gets that ranker before Haggis! :P

Davis is far too busy spinning tunes at Glastonbury to practice snooker HF!!

The world is a weird and beautiful old place. Two of my greatest passions, snooker and electronic music, have collided, with one of the greatest exponents of snooker leapfrogging into my techno world. Ace.

Postby Andre147

Yes Higgins could win 3 big titles this season and none of them being rankers, lol...

This isn't his favourite tournament by any means, the stats HF provided show that.

Postby Dan-cat

RANDOM MASTERS TWITTER ATTACKS!

Jason Francis ‏@Snookerlegends 5 hours ago
She just gets better. @evans_reanne has won the ladies masters tournament without losing a single frame!!

Dennis Taylor ‏@dennistaylor147 15 hours ago
Many thanks for all the nice comments re my intros for the first day at The Masters

Judd trump ‏@judd147t 17 hours ago
First ever maximum in pyjamas come on ding

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I'll wage you 10p that Ronnie gets that ranker before Haggis! :P

Davis is far too busy spinning tunes at Glastonbury to practice snooker HF!!

The world is a weird and beautiful old place. Two of my greatest passions, snooker and electronic music, have collided, with one of the greatest exponents of snooker leapfrogging into my techno world. Ace.

"10p"!.

Haven,t ya forgotten a few zeros!.

Surely at least John or Ron,will win at least 1 more ranker,as long as they don,t beat Stephens brilliant tally of 36,i,ll be :happy:

Aye,i,ve heard that Steves doin a good bit of DJ,ing,if he,s as good at DJ,ing as he was at snooker,then he should bcome the new D Guetta. :-D

The world is indeed a weird and beautiful old place,but as Seal depicted in his smah hit Crazy,..

,...."But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy". :dizzy:

I quite like techno,but i rarely listen to it these days.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Sorry to hear all that HF. Hopefully the doctor can help.

Awwwwww,thanx for that SnookerFan,very kind of you. <ok>

On a positive side,it means i,ll be able to put my foot up,get fed n watered and enjoy the Masters.

I,m intrested to see what your wearin tday,i,ll tip,....

,....either your wearin your Snooker Island T-Shirt or you,ve chucked on that very snazzy,surfer lookin shirt that you also wore at a Masters. :-D

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:What was our 10p bet?

Do I have to give you 10p if Ronnie wins?

To be fair, I actually think he will.

Yes, it's my gateway gamble.

I've just offered HF a bet too, what have you started?

'Ole Willie Thorne, 'is money's all gorrrrne

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Five quid they charged for that.

How much is it for a pint of lager at the Ally Pally? I bet it's also not far short of a fiver!

Last year they had their own Alexander Palace ale on, unless I'm dreaming that? I wasn't sure about it, so I had about ten to make sure

Postby Andre147

I think Higgins may get the better of Allen this time around like he's done in recent meetings..

But Allen has beaten him twice before here, especially 2 years ago when Higgins couldn't have played better but still lost 6-4.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Five quid they charged for that.

How much is it for a pint of lager at the Ally Pally? I bet it's also not far short of a fiver!

£4.50, mine was. You could get a Fosters for £4.20.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 10 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I think Higgins may get the better of Allen this time around like he's done in recent meetings..

But Allen has beaten him twice before here, especially 2 years ago when Higgins couldn't have played better but still lost 6-4.

Higgins win for me.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What was our 10p bet?

Do I have to give you 10p if Ronnie wins?

To be fair, I actually think he will.

Yes, it's my gateway gamble.

I've just offered HF a bet too, what have you started?

'Ole Willie Thorne, 'is money's all gorrrrne

I,ll bet you 20p,(i can just manage to afford that),that John,ll hit the 29 ranker tally first.

Hmmm,what if the pair o them don,t manage it!. :chin: :-D

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I don't really drink ale, Dan. So didn't notice.

Shall I buy a snooker ball signed by Ronnie? Only £50.

Only <laugh>

You could buy one for me and then send it to me :-D but 50 is a bit too much for my liking...

Postby hendry_fan

Have,nt seen MDG for a while, :chin:

,no doubt he,ll be on this thread sometime tday.

He always comes outta his shell when John or Ron plays. :-D

Hmm,mind u,i did,nt see him commetin here yesterday. :chin: