Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding in good form at the Masters. It has been a while...

I'ts only taken him 6 years since being champion here in 2011 :chuckle:

Wilson not offering much opposition it has to be said though.

It's unbelievable that Ding Junhui hasn't won a single match at the Masters since 2010, isn't it?

2010? <laugh> You should remember that Masters well, for the wrong reasons... the Selby comeback pmsl

Ding was champ here in 2011 and has never won a match since. This one is far from being won either, I could see Kyren getting back into it.

I'm getting everything mixed up today :dizzy: <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ah, nice to hear your romance is still motoring! God speed.

Thanks :) yes she is very tolerant of my snooker obsession! A deal breaker.

Haha I remember coming out to my girlfriend many years ago that I was a snooker fan. When she was okay with it, I knew I was onto something, and we're now married 15 years... I think.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding in good form at the Masters. It has been a while...

It's unbelievable that Ding Junhui hasn't won a single match at the Masters since 2010, isn't it?

2010? <laugh> You should remember that Masters well, for the wrong reasons... the Selby comeback pmsl

Ding was champ here in 2011 and has never won a match since. This one is far from being won either, I could see Kyren getting back into it.

Typical Ronnie fan. We were talking about Ding, but you found a reason to diss Selby.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Typical Ronnie fan. We were talking about Ding, but you found a reason to diss Selby.

SO said DIng won in 2010, then I corrected him saying 2010 is the year Selby won from 9-6 down v Ron. I didn't diss him. But as a fan of Ronnie is a Masters the less I remember the better... Selby deserves every credit to have won though.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ding will lose this.

Given his record in this tournament, it's more likely debutant Wilson wins this match than Ding. In fact I'd even be more surprised to see Ding winning it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ding will lose this.

Given his record in this tournament, it's more likely debutant Wilson wins this match than Ding. In fact I'd even be more surprised to see Ding winning it.

I had Wilson winn8ng 6-2 in the PL for that very reason.

Ding already doing better than I thought.

Postby TheRocket

Wilson has been looking rubbish throughout the whole match so far. Can consider himself lucky he's won 2 frames.

He's just a Hawkins like player. Very strong on a good day, can even beat a topplayer who's playing his A-game but on a bad day however he can miss anything.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Wilson has been looking rubbish throughout the whole match so far. Can consider himself lucky he's won 2 frames.

He's just a Hawkins like player. Very strong on a good day, can even beat a topplayer who's playing his A-game but on a bad day however he can miss anything.

Hawkins bad game is way better than Wilson's.

A fairer comparison would be Fu's or Walden's bad game.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:It's Ding. It isn't over yet.

~Quite right, especially his last 3 years. Ding was never the same player after losing at the Worlds to Wasley. Yes he reached the Final there last year and won in Shanghai, but not the player he was in 2013/2014.