Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo

Postby Andre147

Don't think Liang could cause an upset here in Ronnie's backyard.. it could be a close match because Ronnie is usually very vulnerable in the opening round of this tournament, but troubled or not he should win really.

Postby TheRocket

Hope, Ronnie can produce one more time his best game here. Obviously not just for this match but the whole Masters. In the end though he just has to produce it at the right time which I don't think will be needed already against Liang tomorrow but you never know.

But in the end he's playing in the tournament where he had by far his most success (not counting the irrelevant Premier League) and produced his best Snooker overall. It's truly his backyard.

So my expectations are high for this even though I'm not really confident in terms of his form. He just showed to many weaknesses and missed to many easy balls recently.

Postby TheSaviour

BIG ONE!!! Countdown 2h.

Come on Ronnie!

I am really psyched up on this. Surely Ronnie will always have an answers to play really well on these sort of matches. If that will be enough to win we will have to wait and see. But I am relatively confident about this. There´s so much wisdom about how this match has been previewed.. I don´t have a clue who can we thank about it. But that´s the way to do it; downplay Ronnie´s chances and his playing style and his late efforts. Now everyone are really up for this, and at least almost all really confident about Ronnie. With Wenbo it is a fair deal; if he is good enough and can withstood the pressure, he too will be okay and can very well win. He will have his prospect.s He just needs to take those. Otherwise the door will be very likely to be closed very fastly..

Postby mick745

Could either be close and exciting or Ronnie win easy. I am not sure if Liang can hold himself together sufficiently to get over the line against Ronnie if the opportunity arises but it will be a good indication of how much Liang has matured as a player since his maiden ranking win.

Postby Wildey

Last time they played in shanghai this season Liang Wenbo was leading Ronnie 4-1 and lost 5-4.

its one thing playing well against legends and a all time greats its another matter getting over the line we have seen it many times before.

Postby snookerguy

SnookerFan wrote:Knowing Ronnie, this match will be over by half-past three. Even with the traditional 15 minutes of BBC waffle before the match starts. rofl

Brilliant - I can watch the entire Manchester v Liverpool match if he can manage that!

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Last time they played in shanghai this season Liang Wenbo was leading Ronnie 4-1 and lost 5-4.

its one thing playing well against legends and a all time greats its another matter getting over the line we have seen it many times before.

Any chance of moving this to its rightful place?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6983

Postby SnookerFan

snookerguy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:First time in a few years I've not been there on opening day.

Going down for any of it or just watching on telly?

I'd love to go one year but London's just a tad far for me.

Monday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon.

Higgins vs Allen and Selby vs Williams.