Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Eurosport mention the controversial yellow.

The referee is at fault, in my opinion. Not Ronnie.

It is also my opinion that the BBC refused to mention because it benefitted Ronnie.

What yelow?

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:Liang only missed that ball because he was playing Ronnie at the Masters!
If it had been a non-televised qualifier against Joe Swail, he WOULD have potted it!

It makes an utter farce of the argument that players 'raise' their game against Ronnie! On the contrary, the majority of lower ranked players under-perform against him.

I've no idea why Liang bottled that black - Ronnie is a pale-shadow of his former self.

You okay mate?

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Liang only missed that ball because he was playing Ronnie at the Masters!
If it had been a non-televised qualifier against Joe Swail, he WOULD have potted it!

It makes an utter farce of the argument that players 'raise' their game against Ronnie! On the contrary, the majority of lower ranked players under-perform against him.

I've no idea why Liang bottled that black - Ronnie is a pale-shadow of his former self.

A lot of players play poorly just because they're playing Ronnie.

Sure, some players raise their game. (See Holt.)

But some couldn't beat Ronnie if their life depended innit. (See Murphy, Carter, even Mark Williams struggles .)

Ronnietards tend to ignore that.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

But some couldn't beat Ronnie if their life depended innit. (See Murphy, Carter, even Mark Williams struggles .)

That's harsh on the likes of Carter, Murphy and Williams. They don't always play crap against Ronnie, it's silly to suggest otherwise. Williams for example has raised his game many times against Ronnie and it's needed Ronnie to play out of his skin to win. There's a difference between struggling and just not being good enough.

I don't see why it needs to be a black or white situation. The so-called 'Ronnietards' reckon players raise their game against Ronnie and then we have the haters like you who think Ronnie causes his opponents to crumble.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Postby sas6789

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That's harsh on the likes of Carter, Murphy and Williams. They don't always play crap against Ronnie, it's silly to suggest otherwise. Williams for example has raised his game many times against Ronnie and it's needed Ronnie to play out of his skin to win. There's a difference between struggling and just not being good enough.

I don't see why it needs to be a black or white situation. The so-called 'Ronnietards' reckon players raise their game against Ronnie and then we have the haters like you who think Ronnie causes his opponents to crumble.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I agree, with Williams I've often found that if he plays well Ronnie just plays better on the day and if O'Sullivan plays below par Williams just plays worse on the day.

Postby Goldenballs147

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Eurosport mention the controversial yellow.

The referee is at fault, in my opinion. Not Ronnie.

It is also my opinion that the BBC refused to mention because it benefitted Ronnie.

What yelow?

Yeah... what yellow?

Postby Rockettim147

Your talking a loads of.......

Postby Andre147

Rockettim147 wrote:

Your talking a loads of.......

He's just a little Ronnie h.ater that's all. He talks like other players haven't missed the easiest of match balls against top players, only they do it against Ron <doh> How many times have we seen them fold like a park of cards and missing unmissable balls against the likes of Selby, Trump, Higgins and the lot?

Liang missed it yes, but that wasn't because he was facing Ronnie like Poolboy makes that ridiculous comment, because Liang could have missed that black against any other player playing here at this tournament.

he loves to think it was only due to Ronnie. And the irony is lower ranked players do raise their game when facing Ron, look at Holty, Wakelin this season for instance... and this happens against the other top players at times as well, not just Ronnie of course.

So like Pinks said I wonder if everything is okay with PoolBoy... :roll:

Ronnie won the match, and like the champ he is with that superb ton in the decider. We've seen many times a player being one ball away from losing the tournament, and they end up winning it. As much as PoolBoy would love to say this is only against Ron, it happens with other top players too, period. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Yes, of course a lot of players don't play their best against Ronnie. It was the same with Hendry, and before that with Davis and before that with Reardon. It's because the players know they are playing someone special and they are affraid. You know how people like Hendry and Ronnie got their fear factor? By playing like champions for years and years.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Not surprised by the performance of Ronnie last night even though he did not really play badly.
He does all the same 3 breaks in one visit.

But these are especially bad choices in the game as for example, do not try to snooker in the 7th frame or in the famous 10th frame where he tries to take off the black of thecushion while he needed that of the pink.

In my opinion he is not totally focused.

After I am not surprised by its level of play even if it remains very correct.

He said he had not trained too much during the holidays.

I hope all the same that he can win the thing even if I think it will not be sparkling.
After it is Ronnie O'sullivan he is capable of everything.

Postby gallantrabbit

Ronnie did what Ronnie does. In danger, but give him a speck of light and he'll take full advantage. Class player but I wish he'd keep his gob shut. The boy is just contradictions. Wants more money for lower-ranked players, but then says half of them 'can't play'. Wants snooker to become a tennis or golf then just bad mouths the game and who runs it. Don't see Mcilroy or Federer doing that. Hearny stick a press ban on him. Why is he hitting on this theme so much now and we didn't hear a squeak out of him when the tour comprised of 8 tournaments. Berk.