Post a reply

Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 15th~Sunday 22nd of January at Alexandra Palace, London

This Year Ronnie O'Sullivan will be going for his 7th Masters Title in his 23rd Event surpassing Stephen Hendry who also played in 23 Masters in his career can he do it?

Ronnie will be opening up against English Open Champion Liang Wenbo.

With every player with a ranking win under their Belt it promises to be a highly competatice tournament.

Who will Win?

DRAW

Round 1
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter
Judd Trump v Marco Fu
John Higgins v Mark Allen
----------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!!

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:The big question is, having booked the week off of the tournament, do I book the day after the final off in case it runs late? :chin:

Judging by the last few years, I wouldn't worry about going to bed in the early hours of the morning.

Lets hope for a cracker like the UK Final was

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:Is this the first time the Masters has contained an entire field of Ranking Event winners? :chin:

I shall consult the oracle...(CueTracker)

yup

Postby TheSaviour

"Ronnie O'Sullivan will be going for his 7th Masters Title.."

Yes, and it also case of if Mark Selby winning this holding all the three titles. 2016 WC, 2016 UK, and now possibly adding 2017 Masters also.

It is 16 (best) selected players involving here. But it is funny considering I could name perhaps about 40 modern, current players who are all allmighty good. I didn´t calculate that number that much, just guessing something. Perhaps some day I make more precise calculations. All of they are Ronnie O´Sullivan´s of their own time. And I could add perhaps 20 more players who are an incredible good to watch. Just lacking a consistency. Not much, but a little bit still. Stating that, there is still only one Ronnie O´Sullivan. Only player able to match his pin-point break-building is Ding Junhui. Other top players just have other weapons and abilities to possibly down them. But that´s just a possibility. I would name for example David Gilbert holding the most incredibly good to watch cue action. AND I didn´t mentioned it now just because now David is in-form. Make no mistake. I just thought he would be good to be mentioned now that he is playing well. Up to his own standards. And I have never argued Mark King been something he is not. But obviously I would DEFINITELY mention him when talking about those 40 players. There still is only one Ronnie O´Sullivan, as anyone can seen from the bookmaker´s odds. Tournament after tournament, a match after match.

Ronnie is that good that if any top player, commentator or fan could after each shot freely position the cue ball where ever wanting he or she would still broke down a way before Ronnie. So it is a question of a cue ball positioning. It is a that much of difficult game that an each nugget and cannon must be a millimetre precise. Otherwise either the pot is missed or not getting the split right, which is required.

And now I am thinking if Anthony McGill naturally gets those lines right. Yes, mostly likely. But he is still a bit lacking the flair.

And now they say that the "Real King" is already retired. <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> And that some other people are now running the show and the business. But obviously people are quite the same no matter what is your age. But what on earth were you expecting then? That´s how society works. Me been a computer and electronics repairer at the library. Just mostly correcting the set-ups so that it works as it should be. So far so good..... Alles gut. But something has still changed. They are being forced accept the threat is better to be on. GAME ON.

Like my little cousin Serena Williams says.. :love: There´s no risk of getting hurt and injured or even dead while playing snooker. Unless your name happened to be Alex Higgins or Bill Werbiniuk lol.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:Judging by the last few years, I wouldn't worry about going to bed in the early hours of the morning.

Lets hope for a cracker like the UK Final was

Starting at seven seems to get them finished by about 10, don't it?

Still got some days I need to use, gave it a go. Booked the next day off. Just in case.

That almost guarantees it'll be finished by 9pm, don't it? rofl

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:Like my little cousin Serena Williams says.. :love: There´s no risk of getting hurt and injured or even dead while playing snooker. Unless your name happened to be Alex Higgins or Bill Werbiniuk lol.

Serena Williams is your cousin and she loves her snooker? Even for you Mr Saviour Sir that is a flight of fancy!

Postby SnookerFan

First weigh in of the new year. I put on half a stone over Christmas.

That always happens. Week off in early December to eat fast food and watch UK Championship.

Christmas.

Week off in January to watch the snooker.

:grrr:

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:That order of play link is helpful. :wave:

<laugh>

Yeah, it's strange they haven't 'updated' that page yet - as they have the times of games elsewhere on their website.
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=531

Sunday (16th January):
afternoon: Ronnie v Liang
evening: Ding v Kyren

Monday:
afternoon: Higgins v Allen
evening: Bingham v Perry

Tuesday:
afternoon: Trump v Fu
evening: Robbo v Carter

Wednesday:
afternoon: Selby v Williams
evening: Murphy v Hawkins

Postby SnookerFan

Big-butt wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This time next time next week, we'll be in the last few hours.

.....of watching Selby grind to another final win?

Erm, no. Because when I posted, it was Sunday morning.

So the "This time next week" I was referring to, will be Sunday morning on the 15th January.

What I meant to say was, there'll only be a few more hours until the tournament starts.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Big-butt wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This time next time next week, we'll be in the last few hours.

.....of watching Selby grind to another final win?

Erm, no. Because when I posted, it was Sunday morning.

So the "This time next week" I was referring to, will be Sunday morning on the 15th January.

What I meant to say was, there'll only be a few more hours until the tournament starts.

I knew what you meant. Can I have a prize?

Postby SnookerFan

At 11:30am on Sunday, BBC 2 are showing a 45 minute show called Talking Snooker.

The synopsis reads as follows.

Snooker super-fan Alistair McGowan takes a trip through the BBC archives for an affectionate look at the lives and careers of three of snooker's best-loved and most charismatic stars - Alex "Hurricane" Higgins, Jimmy "Whirlwind" White and Ronnie "the Rocket" O'Sullivan.

We look at the early television appearances that captured each of them before they really hit the big time, chart the ups and downs of their careers and examine programmes ranging from Wogan to Top Gear to get a real sense of why each of this trio were, in their day, known as 'The People's Champions'.

It's episode 1 of 2.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:What has four legs and can kill you if it falls onto you out of a tree?

- a snooker table

A Snooker table (or, to give it it's proper name - a Billiard table) has 6 legs DC.

I'll get me coat. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What has four legs and can kill you if it falls onto you out of a tree?

- a snooker table

A Snooker table (or, to give it it's proper name - a Billiard table) has 6 legs DC.

Suspend him for lack of knowledge. :grrr:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:

- a snooker table

It's 4 legged 6ft by 3ft Steve Davis Riley table that I take with me when I'm up Ronnie's tree.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:At 11:30am on Sunday, BBC 2 are showing a 45 minute show called Talking Snooker.

The synopsis reads as follows.

Snooker super-fan Alistair McGowan takes a trip through the BBC archives for an affectionate look at the lives and careers of three of snooker's best-loved and most charismatic stars - Alex "Hurricane" Higgins, Jimmy "Whirlwind" White and Ronnie "the Rocket" O'Sullivan.

We look at the early television appearances that captured each of them before they really hit the big time, chart the ups and downs of their careers and examine programmes ranging from Wogan to Top Gear to get a real sense of why each of this trio were, in their day, known as 'The People's Champions'.

It's episode 1 of 2.

Ace!