Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What has four legs and can kill you if it falls onto you out of a tree?

- a snooker table

A Snooker table (or, to give it it's proper name - a Billiard table) has 6 legs DC.

I'll get me coat. :shrug:

It's 4 legged 6ft by 3ft Steve Davis Riley table that I take with me when I'm up Ronnie's tree.

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What has four legs and can kill you if it falls onto you out of a tree?

- a snooker table

A Snooker table (or, to give it it's proper name - a Billiard table) has 6 legs DC.

It's 4 legged 6ft by 3ft Steve Davis Riley table that I take with me when I'm up Ronnie's tree.

Gotcha, DC. With hindsight, lugging a full size table up a tree would have bordered on the ridiculous :gag:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

- a snooker table

Gotcha, DC. With hindsight, lugging a full size table up a tree would have bordered on the ridiculous :gag:

I like to be, up Ronnie's tree
With my 6ft by 3ft Steve Davis Riley

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
I like to be, up Ronnie's tree
With my 6ft by 3ft Steve Davis Riley

We all know about you in Ronnie's tree, sir. I think we all know what you've got that's 6-foot long.

I've actually got a small one!

Just the 3ft ?

Postby Andre147

So just 5 days away from the opening match of this year's Masters, like I do every year I'll give my thoughts on the Last 16 matches plus whoI think will win:

Ronnie v Liang: There are no easy matches at his tournament, but let's just say Ron could have had it easier, say Carter :chuckle: Playing his good friend Wenbo and also being his coach at times, I think Ronnie won't have it easy, he might be a bit rusty but still I expect him to win. 6-4 for Ron here.

Robbo v Carter: Robbo, apart from winning the openng ranking tournament of the season, hasn't played well at all since, and we could even argue he hasn't played well in 2016 full stop. Since winning the CoC and UK his form has taken a massive blip. He's one I expect will have a deep run in Sheffield this year. That aside for now, I fancy Robbo to win this, but Carter always pushes him hard, so I say 6-4 to Robbo here.

Trump v Fu: If Fu hadn't won the Scottish Open, I wouldn't consider this such a tough match for Judd, but he probably got the toughest draw he could have had. I think Fu will get revenge from a few bad losses against him and win this one, 6-5 to Fu.

Higgins v Allen: Higgins 2 years ago at this very same round here played as well as he could have had, almost making 4 tons, but still lost 6-4 to Allen, but since then he's won some important matches against this opponent, incuding their last meeting at the UK Champs. I fancy Allen to win this one though, so I say 6-5 Allen.

Bingo v Perry: Most likeçy the least interesting match here, I say Bingo wins it 6-3 or 6-4.

Ding v Kyren: This one I have a feeling could be match of the round, especially if both players play their A game and score big. Tough one to call, but believe it or not Ding hasn't won a match here since winning this event in 2011!!!!! I say this meeting won't be diferent and Kyren might win it, but this being his debut might also make him feel the pressure. 6-5 Kyren.

Murphy v Hawkins: I think Hawkins will win this one, but like Bingo v Perry I ain't too fussed about it, but I like Hawkins nevertheless, can't say the same for Shaun though lol.. Hawkins 6-4.

Selby v MJW: Selby has been the player of the season thus far and playing like a true WN1 should, and MJW despite having a great h2h record against him, I don't think he'll trouble Selby too much here. 6-3 Selby.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why would Ronnie be more rusty than anybody else? He got to the final of the UK, and the quarter finals of the Scottish Open.

FFS. Because he's special!!! :wild:

So special, he'd be out of match practice despite playing quite a lot?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Neil 'I'll be flipping burgers soon' Robbo

Is that why he's taken his bow-tie off? He's off to his evening job in McDonalds?

He's got an offer from Burger King. Ding and Trump his first customers.

Is it like in football? January is the transfer window? Did Robertson put in a transfer request?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Why would Ronnie be more rusty than anybody else? He got to the final of the UK, and the quarter finals of the Scottish Open.

Because he hasn't played in the CL rofl

Just joking. You're right, and already in the first half of the season he's played more than his last 2 or 3 seasons combined.

Postby SnookerFan

Who saw this interaction on Twitter?

stephen hendry ‏@shendry775
Watching CNN in china,has there ever been a better speaker than Obama?

Matthew Selt ‏@mattselt
@shendry775 @barryhearn is on a different planet to Obama mate #charisma

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Has there ever been a bigger toady than Selty? He kisses up everyone.

Postby Andre147

Looks like Ron got a cold...

I agree with him though, his game is in good shape and if not here then it's only a matter of time before he wins another title. Like he says he needs to be patient because it will come.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Looks like Ron got a cold...

rubbish. Really?

The BBC are going to be unbearable. To the commentary team, he won't have a cold, he'll have a life threatening illness, that would debilitate any normal human. Every pot he makes will make him even more of a hero... :shock:

:zzz:

It was bad enough when he 'broke his foot'.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:An upbeat blog from the Rocket http://asia.eurosport.com/snooker/exclu ... tory.shtml

(It's a bit cold and snowy up in this tree brrrr)

As long as his punditry, etc work doesn't distract him from the main job of winning tournaments, it's all good. He's said he recently prefers that to playing, which baffles me but anyway... I guess llike he says he's come to an age where he has to look at those possibilities.

Ronnie would probably have been 3 or 4 years ago the last person I could see doing this kind of stuff, but fact is he does it and he does it well. I particularly enjoyed his "Ronnie Show" on ES, those great interviews with the players plus promoting the game to the younger generation. Not sure if the Show has come to an end...