Post a reply

Liang Wenbo's behaviour vs Yu Delu

Postby SnookerFan

I know we spoke about it at the time, and Muppet got confused by the worse of the word 'apparently', but just for anybody who is interested in clarity here is an article on what happened;

http://www.snookercentral.com/snooker-l ... tsmanship/

I saw this on Twitter, by the way. Not any of my own writing, or anything like that.

Re: Liang Wenbo's behaviour vs Yu Delu

Postby SnookerEd25

Didn't see the incident, but surely it's up to the referee to have a word & put a stop to that kind of gamesmanship.

Did Yu complain at all? It seems there's been a few others complaining on his behalf but if the man himself wasn't bothered by it...

Postby Cheshire Cat

I seem to remember an incident at what I think was the 2015 Grand Prix, where Liang (playing on the other table) yelled so loud that it was heard on the main TV table's audio and distracted the players. The pundits had a right go at him.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, I find Liang's antics played up a bit somehow.

I'm not saying he is trying to deliberately put off opponents, though that wouldn't surprise me either, but he does feel like he's doing it to play a character to the crowd somewhat. Nobody can get that excited every time they make a shot.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:He was a hustler no doubt... Did Robbo up like a kipper in one game. In the ES studio Ronnie looked at Jimmy and said 'robbo just got hustled'

Big fan of Liang, are you Dan?