Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Final !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's just nice to have someone win that isn't the usual suspects this season. As Pink said, Fu has been scoring really heavy all week. He went under the radar until the semis.

Postby Andre147

Fu was awesome all tournament, and from what you said he played very well in this Final..

I'll watch it full tomorrow, just managed to watch the penultimate and last frame.

So so happy for Fu, but also so happy to see Higgins losing and someone actually stand up to him when he's playing great, and not wet his pants like a certain Ronnie does since 2005.

Postby Iranu

Cheshire Cat wrote:It's just nice to have someone win that isn't the usual suspects this season. As Pink said, Fu has been scoring really heavy all week. He went under the radar until the semis.

Liang? King?

The Home Nations are really opening up chances for the "lesser" players.

Great win for Fu, nice to see him really dominating Higgins and not falling over the line.

Postby snookerguy

Now all this calendar years events are over a quick plug for next years aggregate prediction league which is currently in the general snooker discussion forum.

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Goddam it John! Get the finger out after the msi!

Where are you now congratulating Fu on a great win over your favourite player huh? :chin:

If Honest John won you would be all over the place saying how great a win that was on home soil.

It's not good enough to be here "only in spirit" like you put. If you bothered to post here at the MSI, at least you should bother to congratulate Fu. Just saying.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie not winning, but the year couldn't have ended better for me Snooker related! :-D

really like Marco, his game and personality. Hope he wins more events soon, at least 1 TC event.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

Where are you now congratulating Fu on a great win over your favourite player huh? :chin:

If Honest John won you would be all over the place saying how great a win that was on home soil.

It's not good enough to be here "only in spirit" like you put. If you bothered to post here at the MSI, at least you should bother to congratulate Fu. Just saying.

Andre taking no rubbish.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

mate dont let yourself down with a post like that.

theres plenty that disappear when their favorite lose lets be honest and as for honest john crap thats so long in to history what happened and should be done and dusted by now.

Postby LC

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

theres plenty that disappear when their favorite lose lets be honest and as for honest john crap thats so long in to history what happened and should be done and dusted by now.

He will always be tainted for me Higgins, he's in the same bracket as Hann and lee, so every time he's on tv and we are told how great he is, it makes me sick

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Well done Marco Fu! Beating John Higgins in a final is always a big achievement no matter what form he's in.

This win reminds a bit of his Australian Open final win where Marco also spoiled the party for Neil Robertson in his home tournament.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Andre147 wrote:

:wave: No.

You only post when Higgins looses :)

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

I don't always post only when Higgins wins. I am very magnanimous in defeat as it's snooker first before a player. I think that's just sour grapes on your part Andre because my favourite is always beating your favourite.
Anyway, hats off to fu for a great win, who'd a thunk he would come from 4-1 down to win 8 on the trot!

Fully deserving winner.

Postby SnookerFan

English, Scottish and Northern Irish finals have all been good matches.

This was a bit one sided, but after being 3-0 and 4-1 up, Fu turned it around in a big way. After Liang and King got their first rankers, Fu's third still feels like a big deal.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Anyone else looking forward to John Higgins retiring? #toogood #admiration #legend #homenations

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:English, Scottish and Northern Irish finals have all been good matches.

This was a bit one sided, but after being 3-0 and 4-1 up, Fu turned it around in a big way. After Liang and King got their first rankers, Fu's third still feels like a big deal.

Agreed. I quite liked this one though, only because I never imagined what would happen after Higgins led 3-0. It was a surprise in itself

I don't suppose anyone knows the last time Higgins lost 8 or more frames on the spin? Would be interested to know.

Postby PoolBoy

Home Nations Series - Order of Merit - Top 16 (after England, Northern Ireland & Scotland) :

1. Liang Wenbo
2 = Mark King
2 = Marco Fu
4. Barry Hawkins
5. Judd Trump
6. John Higgins
7. Anthony Hamilton
8. Kyren Wilson
9. Yu Delu
10. Mark J Williams
11. Stuart Bingham
12 = Ronnie O'Sullivan
12 = Mark Allen
14. Ricky Walden
15. Chris Wakelin
16 = Mark Davis
16 = Michael White

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:I don't always post only when Higgins wins. I am very magnanimous in defeat as it's snooker first before a player. I think that's just sour grapes on your part Andre because my favourite is always beating your favourite.
Anyway, hats off to fu for a great win, who'd a thunk he would come from 4-1 down to win 8 on the trot!

Fully deserving winner.

At least you showed up <ok>

Nothing do to with Ronnie, why does everything have to do with Ronnie if he's our favourite player? <doh>

Higgins beats him most of the times since 2005, Ronnie wets his pants almost everytime when playing him, I'm the first to admit it, so as I said nothing to do with Ron whatsoever.

Postby Sickpotter

LC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He will always be tainted for me Higgins, he's in the same bracket as Hann and lee, so every time he's on tv and we are told how great he is, it makes me sick

:roll:
He's not and never was in the same bracket as Hann and Lee, both CONVICTED of match fixing.

Higgins never even charged....you should get a grip.

Postby hendry_fan

Well i aint gutted,but of course i,m disappointed,i would o been gutted if he,d of lost 9-8,9-7,but losin 9-4 to an on song Fu,aint somethin to be gutted about.

I <only> saw the final session and John missed a few too many,especially at crucial points in certain frames,we all know that he,s usualy brilliant in situations like that,but hey,he is human after all.

Fu won fair n square,no ifs n butts,or it was bcause John was tired,his head was,nt with it,did,nt get the run o the ball,whatever,in the final session he had numerous chances,but he blew em,it,s as simple as that.

It,s amazing when you think,that Fu managed to win 8 on the spin against John,that aint sumthin that happens very often,in fact,has that ever happened at all?,i canny even remember anyone managing to win a barrage of frames against John,never mind 8 on the trot. :chin: :-)

Ah well,John does have a wee consolation,he once again beat Ronnie and he,s now bumped his final appearences in ranking finals up to 44,which puts him 2 ahead of Ronnie and 3 ahead of Steve Davis. :-D

Congrats to Fu on winning his 3rd ranking title,played well the whole of the tourney,no doubt about it,he fully deserved this title. <ok>

Postby LC

Sickpotter wrote:
LC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He's not and never was in the same bracket as Hann and Lee, both CONVICTED of match fixing.

Was he not banned for 6 months? Was he filmed agreeing to lose frames? Not sure lee was filmed, hann was I think and got 10 year ban?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Marco Fu! Beating John Higgins in a final is always a big achievement no matter what form he's in.

This win reminds a bit of his Australian Open final win where Marco also spoiled the party for Neil Robertson in his home tournament.

That's what I said first page if he managed to win, and he duly did :happy:

Very happy for him, as another poster here said 2nd year in a row Fu wins the last event of the year.

Postby Pink Ball

Sickpotter wrote:
LC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Higgins was rightly found not guilty of match fixing, because he hadn't fixed a match. It would have been like charging a man for murder when he hadn't killed anyone.

He was found guilty of giving the impression he would match fix... so he did break the rules, and he arguably should have been suspended for more than six months. Don't pretend he did nothing wrong, because if he didn't he wouldn't have been suspended.

That's a fact, not a groundless attack, so if people want to dislike Higgins for that, they're entitled to.

Btw, I find Hann and Lee far more deplorable. Higgins made a stupid mistake, but I don't think he's a bad man, far from it.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Marco Fu ‏@Marcofu18
A very proud moment for me, receiving the Scottish Open trophy from the greatest ever @SHendry775

:tree: