Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Final !!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Muppet147 wrote:4-2 not a bad scoreline for Fu. If he can win one of the last two of the session, he is in fairly good shape for tonight

Yes he is there. 4-2 this is a good score for fu seen how higgins played so far.

This is the first frame where he misses a bit.

In my opinion the level goes a little lower.

Postby snucar

I like the fact that, an hour ago, the possibility of a 4-4 result didn't even cross the experts mind in the commentating box. 6-2 this, 5-3 that and all that jazz.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Finally a player taking it to Higgins without crumbling. Fu has been exceptional after the early onslaught from John, really exceptional.

Postby TheRocket

Absolutely rubbish talk in the studio, accusing the ref to have broken Higgins concentration in that fifth frame. The moment when Higgins was about to make another century. Ref said something to him when Higgins was about to get ready to play his next shot and then he missed. On 78 or like that.

But Higgins had already won the frame and just in the next frame, Higgins started superb as well and than the unlucky moment he potted the red from the blue when splitting the pack. That was the moment which changed everything.

They're looking for excuses. Looks like they don't believe, someone can compete against peak Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Absolutely rubbish talk in the studio, accusing the ref to have broken Higgins concentration in that fifth frame. The moment when Higgins was about to make another century. Ref said something to him when Higgins was about to get ready to play his next shot and then he missed. On 78 or like that.

But Higgins had already won the frame and just in the next frame, Higgins started superb as well and than the unlucky moment he potted the red from the blue when splitting the pack. That was the moment which changed everything.

They're looking for excuses. Looks like they don't believe, someone can compete against peak Higgins.

The BBC have been doing that with Ronnie for years. :wave:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Absolutely rubbish talk in the studio, accusing the ref to have broken Higgins concentration in that fifth frame. The moment when Higgins was about to make another century. Ref said something to him when Higgins was about to get ready to play his next shot and then he missed. On 78 or like that.

Accusing the ref to have broken Ronnies concentration when Ronnie is playing superb and already won the frame? If they did, then they're rubbish as well. Like the ones in the eurosport studio atm.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:

I agree. But therocket is a fair poster and his point is a good 'un.

Postby TheRocket

Still expect Higgins to win this match in the end but kudos to Fu how he kept himself in this match.

And I've got to say. He's been showing more spirit and balls than Ronnie O'Sullivan ever did in the last 11 years when playing Higgins.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Still expect Higgins to win this match in the end but kudos to Fu how he kept himself in this match.

And I've got to say. He's been showing more spirit and balls than Ronnie O'Sullivan ever did in the last 11 years when playing Higgins.

Yes, I've always admired Fu's balls.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Still expect Higgins to win this match in the end but kudos to Fu how he kept himself in this match.

Yes, I've always admired Fu's balls.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I agree. But therocket is a fair poster and his point is a good 'un.

I wasn't suggesting he wasn't. <ok>

Sorry, probably just the beer talking.