Post a reply

Coral Scottish Open Semi Finals !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 12th ~ Sunday 18th of December at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Prior to the UK Championship Yu Delu had won only 3 matches this season but since then hes won 8 matches that sees him reach a World Ranking semi final for the first time. His previous best was the Players Championship Grand Final quarter final in 2014 where he lost to eventual champion Barry Hawkins 4-1.

His opponent in the Semi Final Marco Fu will be playing in his second semi final in succession having lost 6-5 to Ronnie O'Sullivan in york.

The other semi final brings together Judd Trump and John Higgins.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Yu Delu v Marco Fu Marco Fu leads 3-0
----------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v John Higgins Higgins leads 14-9

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Scottish Open Semi Finals !!!!!!

Postby eraserhead

Seriously though, got to fancy Fu to win the sem, and whoever comes trough Trump - Higgins as favourite for the title.

For once I'll route for Trump.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:I think Higgins will close it from here sadly

You could even see the worst. Higgins might even have a decent chance to lift the world trophy this season. A nightmare scenario.

Said it in the other thread. The current standard imo is a lot worse than it was even just a year or two years ago. Robertsons,Trumps,O'Sullivan level dropped significantly. Higgins looking much stronger than those three atm.

the likes of Murphy and Bingham are quite rubbish as well since they had that world final 2015.

Selby is the only player who has been consistently playing at a good level and the only player atm where I'd say, favourite to beat Higgins.

Postby Andre147

I also think Delu will be very nervous and Fu will respond to that. Yu's first Semi-Final, one table setup and all...

Higgins v Trump... Higgins should win really, unless his game really dips... Trump jhasn't beaten him in anything above Best of 9 I think.

I think Fu has more of a chance of winning this title against Higgins than Trump.

Postby V.V

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I think Higgins will close it from here sadly

You could even see the worst. Higgins might even have a decent chance to lift the world trophy this season. A nightmare scenario.

Said it in the other thread. The current standard imo is a lot worse than it was even just a year or two years ago. Robertsons,Trumps,O'Sullivan level dropped significantly. Higgins looking much stronger than those three atm.

the likes of Murphy and Bingham are quite rubbish as well since they had that world final 2015.

Selby is the only player who has been consistently playing at a good level and the only player atm where I'd say, favourite to beat Higgins.

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Prize-Money/Won/Season

Bingo has not been that bad. It is just that atm Selby and Higgins seem to be stronger than other players.

Postby TheRocket

Bingo might be not that bad but he is nowhere near the level he was in 14/15. But not surprised at all. Many already said back then, he'll never play like that again.

That was just a hollywood story for him.

Atm Higgins is the second best player in the world. Behind Selby. Ahead of players like Ronnie, Neil, Judd, Murphy, Bingo. Whether he can keep up that form is another story though.

Could disappear at any minute but most important thing obviously is to make the most when you're in good form. And thats what hes doing.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I think Bingham is a pretty good player, his long potting and single ball potting is exceptional.

Right now Mark Selby has the potential to dominate the game, he's head and shoulders above everyone else in his generation and the game as a whole. He also has that all-round game, much like Higgins, to play well into his later years and perform at a high standard, so it wouldn't surprise me if Selby become the next Higgins/O'Sullivan in terms of longevity.

When those two eventually drop off, who is there to stand in Mark's way? Robbo? Ding? Trump? Good players, but Selby is arguably better than all of them right now without even needing his A-game. Unless the young prospects start producing, or the rest of this generation find a bit of spark, then I think Selby should be looking to stamp his authority on this game for years to come.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:What happened with Wenbo last night? Robertson and Selt were dissing him on Twitter.

apparently he was blatantly trying to put Yu Delu off

did not see the match myself

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What happened with Wenbo last night? Robertson and Selt were dissing him on Twitter.

Funny guy, is Wenbo.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Funny guy, is Wenbo.

Bit rich that from Robertson, it has to be said.

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:

You didn't see the match and yet you use words like "blatantly".

What a tosser.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

What a tosser.

He also said the word 'apparently'.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

What a tosser.

Could we all look at this stupid post and realise Dont post without first reading otherwise you too will look like a right tit.

Definition of apparently = "used to say you have read or been told something although you are not certain it is true"