Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Andre147 wrote:Like Federer facing Nadal... mental block most of the times...

exactly.

I have the same feeling.

And believe me I drooled to watch this show. Nadal played systematically crossed on the backhand of roger with a big lift and it worked every time

Nadal preferred to play Roger than any other player. It was simple for him: it was enough that he respected and followed his tactics and the turn was played.

Often the fed nadal was disappointing and it was very futile for me.

At each game start I was hoping then it was resignation after. I was really struggling to watch their duel.

Each time it was the same thing.

And there it is the same: the same tactic always paying.

Big psychological blockage.

But today even before the game started I knew higgins would pass.

Saw how ronnie played during the week I really thought he was unlucky today to win

Postby Vallomas

TheRocket wrote:decider. Looks like Yu Delu missed the final black?

A sitter final black, after two silly fouls by Liang. Very painful to watch him after missing a chance like that, but it was his own fault.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Something very likeable about Marco Fu's game

It's remarkable he's made over 400 competitive tons and yet only a 2 time ranking event winner.

He has a great record against the top players, but if he reaches the Final I would give him a better chance v Higgins than Judd.

He's woefully inconsistent, that's the bother

He can be very good as very bad.

He does not really B/C play .

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Looks like Liang is going to make it 4-4.

You said the frame before he would likely win it but he didn't...

I can't be right all the time.

Happy you were this time around..

Delu now on a break of 38... will be hard to compose himself after missing that sitter..

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Like Federer facing Nadal... mental block most of the times...

Only he'll know what he feels when playing Higgins but something obviously goes wrong. Every bucking time. But looking at his reaction, it doesnt seem to bother him at all or even the slightest, so no need at all why his supporters or users in this forum should even waste a second thinking about whats his problem is.

Can only speak for myself and I'd be utterly disgusted as a very competitive person, losing everytime to the same man. And I don't care how good the other player is, especially if I'm a great player myself.

He doesn't play his natural game against John. It's as simple as that.

Postby Vallomas

Yu broke on 44 after losing position on the black, after a safety battle Liang potted a great treble and Yu is in again with a more than great chance to win it.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:Yu broke on 44 after losing position on the black, after a safety battle Liang potted a great treble and Yu is in again with a more than great chance to win it.

Cheers for the updates mate! <ok> I'll watch his missed black plus the final frame later on YT.

Postby Vallomas

You're welcome Andre. Yu potted the match ball pink despite being very nervous, but missed the next red and now Liang is in looking for points and one snooker.

PS: The black is in safe position and this is another problem for Liang, even if he manages to get the snooker he needs.

Postby Vallomas

What a clown Liang is. His third attempt for a swerve shot (after the two totally unsuccesful ones in the previous frame) ended with him potting the pink and leaving a free ball to Yu. 69-30 now, but Liang is in again seeking for snookers.
Last edited by Vallomas on 16 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vallomas

You also need to watch the funny fouls that Liang made to give Yu the chance to claim the 8th frame -before missing that sitter black.

Very entertaining match, at least the frames 6-9 that I watched.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Fu is playing great. From the ROS match at the UK, through to here, he has been cueing as well as I can remember him cueing in the past while.

The first session of the match against Hawkins at the Worlds was the last time I saw him play so well, and that was only one session.

I'd like him to win this, he's been an underachiever you'd have to say.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm having a great old laugh bumping threads.

It's because of clowns like you Skullman doesn't post here anymore. :grrr:

I know and I don't give a buck

You, Pink Ball, are simply, an attention-seeker.

You posted on Snookery Dookery, that you were 'too proud' to post on Snooker Island - yet, here you are back again, and starting threads about...yourself! Shock!

You weren't getting the reaction or attention you so crave on that forum; - so, back you come.

P.S.
You can't sleep because you're so far up you own backside, to be brutally honest.
Your 'open book' revelations of yourself suggest a craving for acceptance or some sort of validation...but you won't get it from a snooker forum.

H won't get attention. But you will go onto another forum to see what he has to say? :|

Postby Badsnookerplayer

PoolBoy wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm having a great old laugh bumping threads.

It's because of clowns like you Skullman doesn't post here anymore. :grrr:

I know and I don't give a buck

You, Pink Ball, are simply, an attention-seeker.

You posted on Snookery Dookery, that you were 'too proud' to post on Snooker Island - yet, here you are back again, and starting threads about...yourself! Shock!

You weren't getting the reaction or attention you so crave on that forum; - so, back you come.

P.S.
You can't sleep because you're so far up you own backside, to be brutally honest.
Your 'open book' revelations of yourself suggest a craving for acceptance or some sort of validation...but you won't get it from a snooker forum.

:goodpost:

Postby Cloud Strife

One of the all-time great posts on Snooker Island.

I wonder what happened to Poolboy. He seemed to disappear suddenly. Did the waves finally claim his little island in the Shetlands?