Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby vodkadiet

John Higgins yet again sends O'Sullivan home. I can scarcely remember a meaningful win that O'Sullivan has had against Higgins, aside from a match in the Welsh Open a couple of years ago. It seems O'Sullivan just becomes a shrinking violet when facing Higgins.

It is s similar scenario with Selby. He seems to have a mental block when facing these players. Even Michael Holt seems to have affected his game. Not a good sign for fans of O'Sullivan.

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm having a great old laugh bumping threads.

It's because of clowns like you Skullman doesn't post here anymore. :grrr:

I know and I don't give a buck

You, Pink Ball, are simply, an attention-seeker.

You posted on Snookery Dookery, that you were 'too proud' to post on Snooker Island - yet, here you are back again, and starting threads about...yourself! Shock!

You weren't getting the reaction or attention you so crave on that forum; - so, back you come.

P.S.
You can't sleep because you're so far up you own backside, to be brutally honest.
Your 'open book' revelations of yourself suggest a craving for acceptance or some sort of validation...but you won't get it from a snooker forum.

Mother of God

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:John Higgins yet again sends O'Sullivan home. I can scarcely remember a meaningful win that O'Sullivan has had against Higgins, aside from a match in the Welsh Open a couple of years ago. It seems O'Sullivan just becomes a shrinking violet when facing Higgins.

It is s similar scenario with Selby. He seems to have a mental block when facing these players. Even Michael Holt seems to have affected his game. Not a good sign for fans of O'Sullivan.

The mental block with Higgins is far worse than Selby. He's had a lot of big wins against Selby, but hasn't beaten Higgins very much at all in the last 10 years.

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:John Higgins yet again sends O'Sullivan home. I can scarcely remember a meaningful win that O'Sullivan has had against Higgins, aside from a match in the Welsh Open a couple of years ago. It seems O'Sullivan just becomes a shrinking violet when facing Higgins.

Ronnie O'Sullivan turned into a mental midget when facing Higgins. I'm the first one to admit. Since 2005 his H2H against Higgins is absolutely embarassing and there's no excuse for it. It's painful to watch as O'Sullivan supporter. And the fact he has beaten much stronger versions of Higgins in the past than the current one clearly shows he has a mental block nowadays.

Embarassing for a player of O'Sullivans calibre.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:

Ronnie O'Sullivan turned into a mental midget when facing Higgins. I'm the first one to admit. Since 2005 his H2H against Higgins is absolutely embarassing and there's no excuse for it. It's painful to watch as O'Sullivan supporter. And the fact he has beaten much stronger versions of Higgins in the past clearly shows he has a mental block nowadays.

Yes. When Higgins was at his best I always fancied Sullivan to beat him. Opposite now. Very odd.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:Yes. When Higgins was at his best I always fancied Sullivan to beat him. Opposite now. Very odd.

He's just treating Selby and especially Higgins completely differently than the other players. Taking more time over shots, rather playing an extra safety than going for a pot and trying to look overserious or concentrated instead of just letting his cue arm going and playing his natural game.

I can already see from my TV how tense he's looking out there. That second session in the UK Final showed how things can change if he was just playing his natural game.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm hoping for Higgins vs Fu final.

That will get the viewers on Quest.

Won't make any difference. I woykd doubt the casual fans know or care that snooker is on Quest.

You post on a snooker forum, and you struggle with it as a concept.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

Ronnie O'Sullivan turned into a mental midget when facing Higgins. I'm the first one to admit. Since 2005 his H2H against Higgins is absolutely embarassing and there's no excuse for it. It's painful to watch as O'Sullivan supporter. And the fact he has beaten much stronger versions of Higgins in the past than the current one clearly shows he has a mental block nowadays.

Good post, I agree.

O'Sullivan's last big win was obviously the 2005 Masters Final. SInce then he almost always shat the bed when facing him. Like you say, if he plays free flowing stuff like he did in theat 2nd session of the UK, then he has every chance. Look at the Masters and especially Welsh Open matches against Selby this season... so fluent and natural.

It's so odd because you're right, he did manage to beat stronger versions of Higgins before 2005.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Something very likeable about Marco Fu's game

It's remarkable he's made over 400 competitive tons and yet only a 2 time ranking event winner.

He has a great record against the top players, but if he reaches the Final I would give him a better chance v Higgins than Judd.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

It's remarkable he's made over 400 competitive tons and yet only a 2 time ranking event winner.

He has a great record against the top players, but if he reaches the Final I would give him a better chance v Higgins than Judd.

He's woefully inconsistent, that's the bother

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He's woefully inconsistent, that's the bother

Don't bother me.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Like Federer facing Nadal... mental block most of the times...

Only he'll know what he feels when playing Higgins but something obviously goes wrong. Every bucking time. But looking at his reaction, it doesnt seem to bother him at all or even the slightest, so no need at all why his supporters or users in this forum should even waste a second thinking about whats his problem is.

Can only speak for myself and I'd be utterly disgusted as a very competitive person, losing everytime to the same man. And I don't care how good the other player is, especially if I'm a great player myself.

Postby Vallomas

Yu missed a good chance to steal the frame by missing an easy red (there was another remaining in the left cushion though). Now he needs snookers to avoid the decider.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Looks like Liang is going to make it 4-4.

You said the frame before he would likely win it but he didn't...

Hopefully though we have Fu v Liang Semi. Delu winning wouldn't be great.