Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm having a great old laugh bumping threads.

It's Skull's choice not to post here anymore. I remember Bourne leaving for similar reasons, but unlike Skull he was a fanboy of Judd.

Bourne was forced out by Wild.

He left in March 2012 or something like that, I joined the Forum in Oct 2011.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It's because of clowns like you Skullman doesn't post here anymore. :grrr:

I know and I don't give a buck

rofl :goodpost:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

It's Skull's choice not to post here anymore. I remember Bourne leaving for similar reasons, but unlike Skull he was a fanboy of Judd.

The difference is Skullman is missed. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Nah, just kidding. To be fair, Bourne was alright. His Judd Trump buttlicking got annoying, but he was doing that before Judd was really much of an anything. He was proven right, to be fair.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie's looking more up and motivated as pundit than he's for a match nowadays.

He's admited as much.

He says he wants to rely on that when he retires, but right now even playing competitively like you say he seems more up for punditry than actually playing.

I guess we should start rulling out the tournaments he does punditry in as tournaments he won't win, lol.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I know the term underachiever is often overused but I truly believe Marco Fu is one. And probably in the Top 3 of one of the biggest underachievers.

Name the other two.

Postby PoolBoy

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It's because of clowns like you Skullman doesn't post here anymore. :grrr:

I know and I don't give a buck

You, Pink Ball, are simply, an attention-seeker.

You posted on Snookery Dookery, that you were 'too proud' to post on Snooker Island - yet, here you are back again, and starting threads about...yourself! Shock!

You weren't getting the reaction or attention you so crave on that forum; - so, back you come.

P.S.
You can't sleep because you're so far up you own backside, to be brutally honest.
Your 'open book' revelations of yourself suggest a craving for acceptance or some sort of validation...but you won't get it from a snooker forum.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I know the term underachiever is often overused but I truly believe Marco Fu is one. And probably in the Top 3 of one of the biggest underachievers.

Name the other two.

Stevens, White maybe.

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Name the other two.

Matthew Stevens no ?

Naah. He has no bottle.

Mental toughness is a big part of the game. He didn't have it.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

SnookerFan wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Name the other two.

Matthew Stevens no ?

Naah. He has no bottle.

Mental toughness is a big part of the game. He didn't have it.

I agree but like most underachievers.

White also suffers the pressure.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't think there's such a thing as an underachiever anyway.

Talent is a small part of the game. It only gets you so far. You need mental toughness too. You don't have it, ypu don't win.

Postby TheRocket

Ken Doherty was also an underachiever. Three world finals, three UK Finals, two Masters finals. Just won one of them, which at least was the World in 1997. But he lost so many tight matches. Could have been easily double world champ, uk champ and a Masters winner.

And he played in the best era ever. Against peak Hendry,O'Sullivan,Higgins,Williams.
Last edited by TheRocket on 16 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.