Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Adam's safety and long potting have been superb, sadly his breakbuilding hasn't topped 10 or more so far.

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:And Jimmy through to next round, well done :-)

4-0 as well :D against an opponent he had only won 4 frames in 5 matches.

In this match alone he won as much as that.

Well done Jimmy! Another Ronnie v Jimmy match <cool>

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie has missed more blues off the spot these last 3-4 months than he must have been over the last 5 years or so.

And even if he doesnt treat this match seriously or feels to relaxed, thinking theres no way hes gonna lose. But he has missed some sitters these last months. Too many.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has missed more blues off the spot these last 3-4 months than he must have been over the last 5 years or so.

And even if he doesnt treat this match seriously or feels to relaxed, thinking theres no way hes gonna lose. But he has missed some sitters these last months. Too many.

Sitters against these kind of players I couldn't care less.

However, sitters against Trump, Selby and Higgins is gonna cost you matches, and it has cist him 3 Finals this season.

One thing though, his breakbuilding looks to be as good as ever, and I made a bold predict that this will be Ronnie's most prolific centuries in a season. His record is 53, he now stands at 29 and we're not even in the New Year yet.

Postby Andre147

So Ronnie v Jimmy tomorrow at 1pm then. And if Ronnie wins which should be more than likely, he could face Allen in the Last 16 in the evening session, that's when things will start getting defficult because from then on he could in theory have Allen, next Higgins in the Quarters, and maybe Trump in the Semis...

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
One thing though, his breakbuilding looks to be as good as ever, and I made a bold predict that this will be Ronnie's most prolific centuries in a season. His record is 53, he now stands at 29 and we're not even in the New Year yet.

The number of centuries he'll make depends on how deep he will go in the tournaments.
Simple logic dictates that the more matches he'll play, the more centuries he's likely to make.
He currently stands at 853. It would be one hell of an achievement if he could get to 900 by the end of the season. :bowdown:
IMO he needs to get more centuries against these weak players he faces in the first rounds.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Higgins looks up for this. Probably wants to win this tournament more than anyone else and that could make the difference in the end.

or it could put more pressure on him to perform.

Personally, I think that'll be the case, therefore I don't think he'll win this event. The best possible outcome would be him reaching the Quarters and get hammered by Ronnie. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Higgins looks up for this. Probably wants to win this tournament more than anyone else and that could make the difference in the end.

or it could put more pressure on him to perform.

Personally, I think that'll be the case, therefore I don't think he'll win this event. The best possible outcome would be him reaching the Quarters and get hammered by Ronnie. <ok>

Yes, definitely wouldnt mind Ronnie hammering Higgins in front of his home crowd. Even though a quarterfinal in this tournament wouldnt feel like a really big match. Would like to see them one more time meeting in the World Championship. Or final of the Masters/UK.

Postby Vallomas

Something strange has happened on the decider of Joyce v Yu match. It seems that Yu has won more than 30 points from Joyce's fouls and now leads 72-53 with only the pink and the black remaining.